PDA

View Full Version : How to disable auto headlights.

thechevyhdman
07-18-2002, 15:08
3 years ago when we bought our first new 2500 I had serious issues on how to get rid of the a$$hole automatic headlights. My buddy who runs the service dept at a dealership called gm up and asked... well GM will not allow it done unless its a police vehicle. So he did me the favor of figuring out how to disable the auto headlights. I was there helping to figure it out but cant remember exactly what needs to be done. But heres what he told me. Something to do with the Body control Module (BCM) I have A-11 written down, have no clue what it means. The other way of doing it was Headlamp relay wire E8/C1 Terminal 85. I have no clue what you do to remove auto headlights but I know doing something with these two things disabled it. Hopefully someone with a good knowledge of the electrical system could take this a step further so I can figure out exactly what my notes mean !! We never had it done to this truck and its been long since gone, but all I know is the dealer will not and can not do it. Help please

JEFSHP
07-18-2002, 17:03
Take a look down about 20 posts to "annoying auto headlights". It's well discussed.

John

Rebel_Horseman
07-18-2002, 18:50
I posted this again under the Annoying Auto Headlights forum too.

For all of you that want to have a switch to disable the Autolamp feature, go to www.truckautoaccessories.com and check them out. The switch is identical to a GM factory switch and opperates like the cargo lamp switch. Push the button to turn it on and the DRL & Autolamp system is disabled. Push it again and everything returns to normal. It's great and I am very satisfied with the product. Installation is a joke. I am by far electronically intelligent and I did the install in about 45 minutes. :cool:

Reb