PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Upgrade Allison Tranny

ThaTruth
01-31-2006, 21:21
I am looking to get a good stage 2 transmission kit for my 2002 Allison. The one with upgraded torque converter and clutches for 650 horsepower. The problem for me is finding someone in the Central Virginia area who is willing to do this work for me. Is there anybody on this forum that can either do this or know of someone in my area that can.

madmatt
02-01-2006, 03:29
If you plan on puttin' down sixfithy you'd better go stage 5 or you'll be jerking that tranny again sooner then you'd like depending on usage. What are you doing w/ the truck and how are you making your HP?

More Power
02-01-2006, 10:10
You might try talking to the boys at Suncoast or ATS, and ask if they have a recommended installer in your area.

Jim

ThaTruth
02-02-2006, 09:09
I have the HOT Juice with Attitude, and the Xcelerator ET +2 tuner which in tune one makes around 150hp and the highest tune makes 350hp. The best part is it concentrates the power to the low end. But the problem is I cannot run it on the highway because it slips above 60 mph when you try to pass.

Kennedy
02-02-2006, 09:29
I'd recommend the Suncoast level V exchange transmission for the best combination of street manners and durability. I can set you up with a trans if you can find a way to R&R. Closest installer that I can think of off the top of my head is in Charlotte NC.

Jim Brzozowski
02-03-2006, 10:27
Like to ask a question regarding transmissions exchanges. Is it going to be possible to get and updated 6 speed Alli into an older truck or would the control programing be impossible to manage?
Seems like the best of both worlds would be a stage 5 6speed with an old 2002 LB7. Anybody thinking along those lines.

BMDMAX
02-04-2006, 11:20
You would have a couple of issues at hand to overcome. The TCM could be swapped but if there is specific code in the ECM (I suspect so, due to manual shift, etc.) you are hosed since the computers are totally different.

Then you have the whole core issue. A trans company won't swap a 6 speed for a 5 speed core.

Jim Brzozowski
02-08-2006, 10:34
Yeah, of course there wouldn't be any compadibilty between the LBZ and LB7's ECM since they combined them in the LBZ. OH WELL! By the time I can afford another truck, they'll be running 7 speeds.