PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy 4" Installed

sonofagun
03-01-2003, 18:32
Put JK,s 4" exhaust in today. Gettin the old one out in one piece was a bear!!! A hoist would have been very nice, thank you.

John's system went in easily. I cut 3" off one piece to get the angle exactly as I wanted it. This was not a necessary cut, but looks better.

I didn't have to bend any hangers but don't tighten the system up until it's all hung. It takes a few final twists and turns to get it lined up.

I called John with a question (the clamp that holds the exhaust to the downpipe --- how do you get it off?) I thought I knew but I've gone down that road before!! John said --- Loosen the nut, then you have to use a pry bar on it in a couple of places. It brakes loose and you are set to go. Be sure you get these two pieces lined up just right or they will leak past the clamp.

System is a bit louder under acceleration but no real difference at crusing speeds. It sounds great under full throttle.

All in all a quality system backed by a quality guy. It took me about 3 1/2 hours to do the work. A good hour of that was getting the old one out with the truck on ramps and not a hoist. Did I mention that it was raining? OK when I was under the truck!!

Bob

[ 03-01-2003: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

Silver Bullet
03-03-2003, 17:53
Congrats on the new exhaust SOAG! The JK system was easy to put on and sounds great! I think you will be very happy with it. I helped Chuntag95 put his JK on and I also helped BassinRVer put on his Banks which was also very easy to install.

I opted for the less expensive route and just replaced the muffler (Dynomax)...initially I was not 100% happy with sound. My happiness has grown after hearing the JK and Banks...they all sound about the same, but the 4" gives it a little deeper tone (in my opinion). I think the Banks is a little deeper sounding than JK's, but again both sound great.

I had a kid pull up next to me coming out of downtown Dallas last Friday...I looked over and he was grinnin' ear to ear. He was pointing to his ear and givin' me the thumbs up. He then dropped back by the exhaust, so I gave him an earful!!! I looked in my mirror and all I saw were teeth and ears!!! :D tongue.gif

On edit: Bob - Shoot me an e-mail if you don't mind, I have a couple questions for ya. Thanks.

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

BassinRVer
03-04-2003, 08:56
Son of a Gun,

Hope you enjoy your exhaust. Like SB said he helped me put my Banks Monster exhaust on and he saved me alot of truoble if he was not there. I had no clue to jack up the truck to get more room between the rear axle and the frame which allowed the OEM exhaust to be removed without cutting it. Thanks again SB for your help that day. Thank goodness it was not raining that day. After we installed the Banks Monster Exhaust we had fun laying down rubber on some back roads with a little help from the the Juice and the Banks Monster Exhaust. Yall have a good day and keep those guys smiling SB.