PDA

View Full Version : Dual Mass Flywheel TSB#?

Racer67
02-06-2006, 11:30
Just took my ZF 6 speed equipped truck in for the clutch release rattle and the "Service Manager" said the flywheel was not covered under warrenty.
Does anyone have the TSB number for the flywheel?
My truck has 60k on it but should still be covered under the engine warrenty.
Thanks

madmatt
02-06-2006, 12:29
04-07-31-006A....your welcome!

sjd_sd
02-07-2006, 09:56
I'm having exactly the same problem. The service writer wants to charge me $2400 for a new clutch and flywheel and doesn't know anything about a TSB. In addition, he claims that if the clutch caused the flywheel damage, then the flywheel is not under warranty.

I'll see how this works out, but I'm hoping I didn't make a big mistake not trading the truck in (for a different brand) before taking it in for repair.

sjd_sd
02-07-2006, 10:27
the diagnosis so far is inconclusive, but I'm being told that if the clutch caused the flywheel to be damaged, then I have to pay for it. There's no way to know until its apart. I called GM and they don't give a $%^&.

This sucks. I'm trying to be objective about the relative $ involved in buying a new vehicle, but its hard to get past the fact that this a $40K truck that's having major mechanical failures after only 90K EASY miles. Who knows what would have happened if I'd actually towed anything.

madmatt
02-07-2006, 12:14
if the clutch is damaged it would be impossible to tell what damaged what. Find another dealership that more concerned about customer satisfaction then getting out of warrenty work in exchange for the higher customer pay rates. W/ a tsb out GM wouldn't and hasn't, IME, questioned the replacement of a flywheel AND even a clutch on a fairly low to avg. milage truck under warrenty.