PDA

View Full Version : Steering Column Rattle on Chevy Silverado. Problem Fixed?

TxDoc
07-20-2002, 21:08
From the GM TechLink Site

Owners of some 1999-2002 Sierra or Silverado 2500HD and 1500HD pickups may comment about a rattle noise from the steering colunm, particularly during low speed parking lot maneuvers.

A new stub shaft bearing kit 26099860 has been released to address this issure. The kit contains a bearing, a packet of lubricant and instructions.

Thanks Cop Dodger

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

csimo
07-21-2002, 10:27
There are several people that report the new bearing kit still doesn't solve the rattle.

My truck has the rattle some of the time, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'll wait for them to come out with the real fix before I complain.

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: csimo ]</p>

MudNurI
07-22-2002, 05:41
My truck has been lubed, replaced, lubed, replaced, lubed, lubed, and lubed....the noise was quieter for a few days, then right back to where it is now.

As has been stated before- the kit was finally ordered, no word on when it will be here.

I can't stress enough for those of you that have not mentioned it to your dealer- if you don't mention it, and they do come out with a REAL fix as it's being called, $$ will come outta your pocket to fix it. Especially if your getting up on miles like we are. That is the ONLY reason that I have allowed them to continue to mess around with my truck, I knew that the lube wouldn't fix, but had it done over and over and over, so that when this bearing kit finally was released I could get it done. We are "dangerously" near the end of our warranty, and had it taken longer than it did, I would have ended up paying for it. Even now there is a possibility that it may not arrive before we are over the 36000 mile mark, but if it does go over, I won't have to $$$$.............

Brandy