PDA

View Full Version : Gauge install question

Chris611
03-09-2005, 17:52
Sorry to bother you guys, I searched the forum and have not found the answer. I got my isspro gauges and Full A Pillar pod today. When I first tried to slide the gauges into the pod the gauges would only slide about 25% in. So I sanded the openings to allow them to slide in. When I tried to put the brackets on the studs the gauges that hold them in the pod, the brackets hits the side of the pod. Hope the decriptions describes it. What am I missing here. How do you keep the gauges in the pod...I hope its not from a press fit...cause I already messed that one up and will have to go to plan B.

Thanks
Chris

john8662
03-09-2005, 17:58
Most use the press-fit, I didn't though I used a three hole pillar like you have and Isspro gauges. I was able to just barely sneak the brackets around the gauges to make a snug fit. You should have enough stud length on the back of the gauges to not have to bottom out the bracket on the back of the gauge. I'll admit, if I had to go it over again I would just do the press fit, especially now that I have to remove one gauge to replace it with another. I'm going to a larger range boost gauge, mine currently goes to 15.

rjwest
03-09-2005, 18:11
Get a few large rubber bands for around he back.

will last a few years before they need replace...

been there , done that...

Chris611
03-09-2005, 18:21
Thanks guys. I got spray paint from the local paint shop that is matched to the interior. I got the pod painted tonight. Looks good. I hope to get the gauges in this weekend. Hopefully it will warm up some by then.

Thanks
Chris

turboGMC
03-09-2005, 18:52
I sanded mine down and one of them was too loose so I put one revolution of 2"automotive painters tape and now its nice and snug. HTH

DennisG01
03-10-2005, 08:35
As TurboGMC said, wrapping the gauge with tape (I used electrical tape) works very well. You may only need a half of a revolution, or you may need a few rev's.