PDA

View Full Version : VIN check & carfax report please...

jpaitala
10-01-2003, 02:05
The truck I'm going to go to see this weekend is imported to Finland only 6months ago from US. So it should have some "carfax reports" or some info there.
Could someone check what info could be found with VIN number: 1GCHC39F1PE141014

Thank you.

[ 10-02-2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: jpaitala ]

dslpwr
10-01-2003, 06:29
I would take vin number to GM servive department.They can tell you the history of repairs GM has done this truck.

jpaitala
10-01-2003, 07:53
No GM service department's here in FINLAND. So I can't check anything of this vehicle beforehand.
That's why I asked that if someone could check carfax or something in the US, because this truck was imported to Finland 6months ago from the US.

gmctd
10-01-2003, 08:58
Try this site:
https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

May have what you need.

jd

jpaitala
10-01-2003, 10:54
Could be a good site, but it requires registeration. And if you live outside USA the registeration is not possible.

slagona
10-02-2003, 10:33
If you get in a real bind for the information, It looks to me like you can purchase a monthly or single use Carfax license even though you are not in the US or Canada. It would be $25 for a month of unlimited use and $20 for a single purchase. When I was in the market for a 6.5 TD, I sent a few hundred vechiles through carfax to check them all out.......

I just read the terms and aggreement for carfax - you can use the info as long as you are not importing the data to embargoed countries. You should be ok. All you need is a credit card and an email. It looks like the trick will be in the address registration - you will have to claim to be in the US Military to use a European Address. But it should work. IF not, send them a note and ask for speciall processing for your vin - I'm sure they won't turn down your money.....

charliepeterson
10-02-2003, 19:29
Hi jp....

It looks like this truck was totaled in Oct. 1, 2002.
The title is "Branded" in the state of TN. USA.
The report says it was rebuilt.

E-Mail me
mrcool264@netzero.net