PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Tow mirrors again...sticking and getting worse!

Runaway
08-02-2004, 11:53
Back when the "03's" came out some of the folks were having problems with new style tow mirrors sticking. At the time I didn't have a problem, but now these things need help everytime I use them. I had into dealership in April for problem. They did some sort of lube/caibration deal, but didn't help much!

Some of you stated if I remember right that you took the mirror apart and did some sort of adjustment. Could someone elaborate on what was actually done and what adjustment was made. I don't have time to take into dealership right now and if the process is simple enough I would do it myself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jim Dockerty
08-02-2004, 12:20
I had the same problem with my 04. I took it to the dealership and they replaced both mirrors under warranty. After 2 months the driver's side went bad and they replaced that one, again under warranty.

MIKE WIENER
08-02-2004, 18:01
There are two things that it can be tighting the cluch screw or the gear to the rack gear. Mine would stop about half way out the gear ajustment worked. Mine are not the stock but the power vision after market is the maker for GM I think. I have the instruction sheet. Try giving them a call at 800-337-2557 Thy sent me a copy right away. I could posably email a copy.
The hard part was removing the wires for heat and carfuly poping the mirror head.

Inspector
08-02-2004, 18:31
Both my mirrors were sticking or not extending and so took it to the dealer and they replaced both motors and lubed the tracks. Took the guy about 10 mins total and they are working good so far.
Denny

Runaway
08-03-2004, 09:45
Mike - called the 800# for Power Vision and got the Service bulletin # I've been searching for since April. It involves taking the glass off - which I really don't know how. If you could email the destructions I certainly would appreciate it. vinceb@bayland.net

Anyhow the OEM mirrors are using a patent by power vision per the folks at PV.

The clutch screw has to be tightened up cause they (GM) didn't get it tight to begin with.

Anyhow for future reference the TSB or service bulletin they are suppose to be using to correct the problem is #03-08-64-028 per Power Vision .