PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the allison

Riverholic
08-08-2004, 19:23
Last night when I was driving home i went to pass a car and the truck downshifted and it never shifted back to overdrive. I was going about 65-70MPH when this occured and maybe 30 seconds later the SES came on. I was stuck driving the next 45 miles in 4th gear. When I got off the freeway it seemed like the truck was stuck in 3rd gear as I pulled away from the stoplights. It would rev way up but move real slow until about 15-20 MPH. When I got home I tried to back into my parking spot. When I put the truck in reverse, the indicator light would just blink, and the truck would not go into reverse gear. This morning I went out and started it up and everything seems fine but the SES is still on. I am going to take her into the dealer tomorrow to see what went wrong.

4diesels
08-10-2004, 14:00
My '01 had a similar problem. Turns out the fix is an easy one. I think it is no more than electronic mis- communication between the trans and the selector.

Riverholic
08-19-2004, 17:01
Got my truck back yesterday and the dealer said that they replaced 2 pressure solenoids. Seems to be ok haven't really driven it that much. Also there was a service bulletin on something to do with improper fuel guage readings so they ordered a new part for that.