PDA

View Full Version : 2001 duramax/allison

cat320
09-26-2002, 06:34
Was at the dealer yesterday and he had a used 2001 2500 excab-short bed LT loaded having fisher hook up no blade with 23,400 for millage for $29K Sounded pretty good what's every one think.

IndigoDually
09-26-2002, 07:17
Sounds high. My brother looked into trading his '01 x-cab long bed GMC loaded with 34,000 and stealer would only give him 22,000 on trade.

John

MountainMax
09-26-2002, 12:07
Get the VIN# and try to get the service record for the truck. I just can't imagine someone getting rid of a good running DMAX. If it is clean. Negotiate like hell. Tell em in the long run, an 02 bought w/0% financing might be better than an 01 at whatever% you gotta pay. Get the price down.

mdrag
09-26-2002, 12:23
Moved to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.

mdrag

cat320
09-27-2002, 10:48
Dealer said that they need to get into crew cab because his family is getting bigger (more kids).It has a few dents on the lower passenger side from plowing.It's a really nice truck quiet and rides better than my '97 3/4 8600GVW with the diesel.Just wish that I could use the short bed but if it was a hell of a good deal it might be worth it.Did not have the plow blade there to see if that was beat up to much ,always leaves a question did they guy treat this truck gental or rough? hanks for the replies.

MudNurI
09-27-2002, 15:40
Boy, if he dented his truck plowing I wonder if he actually stopped between reverse and drive..... I personally would NEVER buy a truck that has EVER had a plow on it. We plow, and by golly those trucks are put through the ringer. at one point we were close enough to buying a truck that the signature was all that was left, and John noticed some marks under the truck- frame, where something had been hooked up- Yup, plow...didn't buy the truck.

Wonder if this guy realizes with a Crew Cab you can't put a plow on...well, then again, maybe he traded up to it so his wife could cruise around with the kids, and he's now walking LOL

Brandy

IndigoDually
09-27-2002, 16:05
I think that a plow on an extended cab is a no-no also. There really isn't enough capacity left in the front suspension to carry a plow, even though I have one. My '97 extended cab dually was not "supposed to" have a plow and there was not a plow package available but I was able to order all of the upgrades separately.

I never found for a "Plow Prep" package for any of these new trucks.

John