PDA

View Full Version : Raining = water dripping from top console - WTF?

c5dura
09-27-2002, 06:29
We're finally getting some much needed rain here in Virginia. It has been raining for something like 30 hours straight now.

The bad news is that when I got in my truck this morning, I noticed that water was dripping from above the rear view mirror though that little cover plate before the lights and other storage compartments mounted in the headliner.

I have a 3500 so I have the roof markers. I think I read there was a TSB or something for this on 2002's? Can anyone give me the number so I can take it to the dealer to get fixed?

Btw, what is behind that little cover plate, Norstar electronics?

Thanks!

Ironhead
09-27-2002, 07:21
I am looking at my invoice for my marker light seal replacement, I dont know if these numbers will help but on the invoice it says (Recall 01071) Parts 15169858 seal 2725.
I am surpised you didnt get the recall notice in the mail. I got my notice right before I went up to Wa. It hadnt leaked yet to that point so I thought I would deal with it later. It did nothing but rain up there and it leaked like a sieve. In my truck there is nothing behind the little cover plate. I dont have the onstar thing so I dont know if thats in there.

dcpdave
09-27-2002, 08:51
c5dura,
there is a recall out to reseal the marker lamps, call you local dealer, give them your vin number, and they can look it up and see if your vehicle has the recall. the recall # is 01071 as ironhead stated. here is the jist of the recall:

General Motors has decided that certain 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with roof clearance lamps at built at the Flint and Pontiac East assembly plants have a water leak at the roof clearance center lamp.

Correction
Dealers are to install a new gasket.

Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with roof clearance lamps, built at the Flint and Pontiac East assembly plants within these VIN breakpoints:

General Motors has decided that certain 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with roof clearance lamps at built at the Flint and Pontiac East assembly plants have a water leak at the roof clearance center lamp.

Correction
Dealers are to install a new gasket.

Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with roof clearance lamps, built at the Flint and Pontiac East assembly plants within these VIN breakpoints:

Year
Division
Model
Plant
From
Through

Chevrolet
Silverado
Flint
2F119117
2F137904

Chevrolet
Silverado
Pontiac East
2E137714
2E145843

GMC
Sierra
Flint
2F121772
2F135273

GMC
Sierra
Pontiac East
2E137752
2E145800

Important
Dealers should confirm vehicle eligibility through GMVIS (GM Vehicle Inquiry System) or GM Access Screen (Canada only) or DCS Screen 445 (IPC only) prior to beginning recall repairs. [Not all vehicles within the above breakpoints may be involved.]

this didn't paste quite the way i wanted it to, but you should be able to decifer it.
hope this helps,

c5dura
09-27-2002, 09:00
Thanks guys! Got a call into the dealer already.

C5dura