PDA

View Full Version : Creaking Clutch Noise Gone!!!

MaxRock
09-27-2002, 09:38
I realized this morning, my creaking clutch has stopped creaking :cool: ! I am not sure when the noise stopped, but it has stopped...it was getting pretty annoying.

Pretty cool...Truck, heal thy self! I never have been a big fan of problems that fix themselves, so I'll see how long this "self fix" will last.

Anyone else that was plagued with this problem, has your clutch stopped creaking on its own? I'm interested in hearing your story.

MaxRock

mackey_62
09-27-2002, 11:57
You know....now that you mention it haven't noticed mine :confused:

I'll have to pay better attention tonight. Definetly still have frickin' squeek, chirp whatever you want to call it :mad:

Very noticable windows down, gotta be in the tranny, only when letting the clutch out.

Gotta install a 5"er, so I'll have something new to listen to :D

1BADDMAX
09-27-2002, 12:39
I had my clutch pedal replaced about two months ago. It was quiet for about a month. One thing I do notice though, when the humidity and outside temperature goes down the squeak seems to disappear.......

Silver Bullet
09-27-2002, 13:14
MaxRock - I'm back from Colorado...truck ran great and pulled strong thru Monarch Pass (just under 12,000 ft) with thte loaded flatbed. I blew a vent value on the front diff...had to do some heavy 4-wheeling with all the rain we got while there! It is fixed as of yesterday. I got an 6x5 bull on day 7...had a great trip. Glad to hear your creak has silenced itself! We need to meet for lunch soon to compare oil filters as I am almost ready for my next change. Maybe some elk burgers? :D

Big O
09-28-2002, 12:51
After I had the dash pulled and the pedal assembly replaced, the noise was gone---FOR ABOUT A MONTH!! Now it is back!! :mad: :mad:

HotShot
09-28-2002, 22:51
Hey mackey_62,

"squeek, chirp ... Very noticable windows down ... when letting clutch out"

Wouldn't have the distinct sound of Goodyears screaming for mercy because you scraping their faces on the asphalt would it? Any strange black marks on your driveway? tongue.gif