PDA

View Full Version : Front Driveshaft/CV Advice Needed

ZR1Hauler
09-30-2002, 12:29
I’m not a low rider, I needed my truck low so I can get in and out as I’m in a wheelchair.

installed a DJM lowering kit on my truck - I can post pictures & details if anyone is interested, as that's a story in it's self. After a lot of work it turned out really nice

I’m curious is anyone makes a high angle velocity joint for the front axles. I’d imagine when guys go way up with trucks the front axles get to some goofy angles & need to be addressed.

I have a vibration at 66 up, that was not there before I dropped the truck. it's somewhat tolerable, however I’m concerned that my current CV joints' days are numbered.

yea I know nobody in their right mind lowers a 4 x 4.... but i did this succesfully with my 96 6.5td tahoe a few years ago without any issues

thanks

SoMnDMAX
09-30-2002, 23:21
I wouldn't think the CV joints would have any problem with the reduced drive angle.

What is the pinion angle in rear? Most likely the problem lies there, assuming the tires are properly balanced.

ZR1Hauler
10-03-2002, 12:46
I’ll measure with a protractor this weekend. but just by looking at the differential, it's almost parallel to the ground, could be pointed down a hair / 1 deg?. it "looks" wrong

if someone could verify, I think it needs to be pitched "up" two degrees in relation to the output angle of the transmission?

does that sound right? think this is fixable with angle shims?