PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the chrome from the side mirror?

stevem
10-02-2002, 19:36
I want to paint the chrome that is on the back of the side mirrors.

How do you pop the chrome off?

Thanks, Steve

SoMnDMAX
10-02-2002, 22:54
Big hammer? Screwdriver? ;)

I don't know.... I do know the mirror is serviced as a complete unit. No parts are available separately with the heated mirrors.

Twins - 1
A's - 1
Close so far...

stevem
10-02-2002, 23:55
Hammer-screwdriver, those are my favorite tools, I'll try em :D smile.gif

The A'S need to fire the bullpen guys and let the starters go until their arms fall off :eek:

Good luck Fri, you are gunna need lot's of luck against Zito tongue.gif

Steve

mackey_62
10-03-2002, 05:56
I wondered if anyone here was following the games.
Go Minn. Don't want to see A's in the Bronx again :D
Buddy of mine is a big A's fan, probably only one here in NY. We've got to butt heads quite a bit last few years.
Where the heck did Anaheim come from?? Man they're a scrappy team. This aint gonna be an easy series. Road to the 27th looks pretty tough this year with starters only lasting 3 innings.

To keep this "on-topic":
I've seen mirrors with chrome missing (fell off?)
So there must be a way to get em off. I don't know how well the chrome will hold paint though, have to scuff 'em pretty good I'd think.

Go Bombers!!!

FightinTXag
10-03-2002, 07:00
The 2003's have no chrome on the mirrors. Maybe that's what you're seeing.

DMAX4LIFE
10-03-2002, 08:12
There are some tabs on the chrome part that you will probably break while doing this but don't worry the real thing holding them on is the double sided tape. When you get done just use some 3M double sided tape and stick them back on..

Alli-max
10-03-2002, 09:53
and make SURE it is the 3M VHB tape. Same stuff the cheap moldings are held on with. smile.gif

stevem
10-06-2002, 17:40
Matt, congrats to you and the Twins.

I called it, the A's bullpen killed em :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SoMnDMAX
10-06-2002, 21:13
Steve, it was a good series... The A's are a tough team. Like I said before, it was close...

After watching the Twins choke in games two and three, I thought it was all over with!!