PDA

View Full Version : Aux. Battery problems....

Alli-max
10-04-2002, 11:45
I just replaced my Aux. AC Delco battery about 45 minutes ago. I was checking if it was tight since it had a little corrosion on it, and SNAP. The screw snapped in half. I went to Batteries Plus to pick up an Optima Red Top and the guy had to cut the cable and re install a terminal on it. You guys having any problems with the Delco batteries? I replaced my cranking battery about 10,000 miles ago. (Have 83,000 on the truck now).

Good thing about the Optima is it is a 3 year 100% replacement no mile warranty, and in year 4 it starts the pro rating! For an extra ~$50, I would say WELL worth the money. PLUS.... you have side and top terminals...

BlackMax
10-04-2002, 14:24
I think I am right that both batteries on the Duramax are used for cranking and there is no auxilery battery. In a two battery set up it is uaually a good idea to replace both at the same time. This does make the cost of liveing go up!!

Flyboy
10-04-2002, 16:04
Black Max is correct. Both batteries are wired parallel and they should be changed in pairs.

deadlyman
10-04-2002, 20:45
BOTH BATTERY'S REPLACED UNDER WARRENTY ONE AT 5000 THE OTHER AT 30000 PLUSS GOT A GOOD DEAL ON SOME OPTIMA'S JUST REPLACED BOTH AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE GOOD DEAL.