PDA

View Full Version : picture link?

AKDmax
05-14-2002, 21:43
There really isn't a forum for this so I posted it here. How do I make my link show My pictures or Pics of my truck instead of the url? Thanks for the help.

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
05-14-2002, 23:16
AKDmax,

"My Pics (http://www.picturetrail.com/AKDmax)"

Copy and paste this to your signature. Leave out the quotation marks.

Has spring hit you guys up there yet?

It got up to 65* today...^$&*& HOT!!!!!
Man, I was sweating like a pig. :D :D

And it felt GOOD :cool:

AKDmax
05-14-2002, 23:25
Thanks dude!
Yup, spring is here. Just got the brake controller in yesterday and going to get the camper out tomorrow. Check out the pics of the truck. The grass is already getting green and it's only been 2 tweeks since snow was on the ground. Thanks again

AlaskaDmax
05-14-2002, 23:45
Not a problem, man!!

I dig the pics, the guy in the hunting pic looks familiar...

I am going to be taking some serious photos now that spring has finally arrived, and the now the mission is fishin'!!

If I can figure out how to embed pics into the post...I will be in business.

Later, maybe see you down this way?

NutNbutGMC
05-15-2002, 04:55
A-Dmax,
At this point, pic posting in the text field is not an option.

AlaskaDmax
05-15-2002, 09:17
Nut,

Some guy did it on another post about the suburban HD yesterday....

Hmmmm.

AKDmax
05-15-2002, 23:31
AlaskaDmax,
If the guy in the hunting pic looks familiar we know each other. I did the 6 week trip (Acad.) down there last April. Maybe we were in school together. Are you building down by Kenai? If so, We may see each other. We Plan on at least 2 trips down to Ft. Rich camp in Seward, and a couple to Homer and Soldotna. Pretty long drive from here but that engine is sweet to listen to. Should give me a good idea on mileage for the trip out in Feb.

NutNbutGMC
05-16-2002, 05:05
^....I'm thinking that the link was posted in his sig line. The text field is off, unless I have been subjected to the common, "operator error", which is highly possible.

In order to post a link in the sig line, use the UBB format for posting. Example: nameoflink (http:\\www.webaddress)

Or insert the web address of the pics in the text field, and copy and paste.

Don't forget to post your pics in a free web site. :D

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

Colorado Kid
05-16-2002, 10:05
"Some guy did it on another post about the suburban HD yesterday...."

Check again, the Suburban topic came to the top this week, but the post with the pic of the Suburban "HD" was made in December, before the UBB codes were disallowed.

AlaskaDmax
05-16-2002, 11:59
Yeah...I caught that this morning.

%$!#....wish they would turn them on again...

Why did they kill it? Did someone do something stupid?

battmain
05-16-2002, 12:42
"Why did they kill it? Did someone do something stupid?"

Server stability. See this thread...

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000011&p=

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: battmain ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
05-16-2002, 13:11
Thanks, Battmain!

That explains it!!

So, I wonder when they are going to do it then?

Ps...what does battmain "mean"?

motovet
05-19-2002, 15:35
Ok, I give up how does one copy and paste? My computer skills are very limited.

mackin
05-19-2002, 16:07
motovet,

Well lets see what kinda computer do you have a reg PC ........ Or what operating system .......... Microsoft windows ( don't care what version ) or do you have a Macintosh computer running a OS something or anouther .......? You'll have to start there for further instructions .........
MAC

NutNbutGMC
05-19-2002, 17:01
^...Moto,...left mouse hold, drag and highlight the text, then right mouse click and choose copy. Go to an area where you want the text, place cursor there and right mouse, click paste.

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

motovet
05-19-2002, 19:51
Thanks, I think this should work.

motovet
05-19-2002, 19:57
Missing something. Text is there but how can I make it a link.

NutNbutGMC
05-19-2002, 20:02
^...The forum administrator has disabled the UBB capabilities, therefore, no links are active in the text area. However, you can post an active link in your signature line.

Copy and paste this into your sig line. It will work: Pics of truck (http://www.picturetrail.com/darrell3)

Where I have "pics of truck", you can edit (customize) that verbage, to make it the title of your link, as you prefer.

mackin
05-19-2002, 20:16
Motovet,

May I ask ya what this set you back ---&gt;
PIAA air dam and 520 ion crystal fogs

As you know perhaps, I went ahead and melted the GENERALS imitation fog lamps with 55 watt bulbs ...... On my picture trail you can see them ........ I will be doing something soon ... I'll tell you your setup looks real good ... I like ........Do you use existing wires ...... Just some splice and connect ...... No right click or dragging required .... LOL
Thanks .......
MAC :D :D

NutNbutGMC
05-19-2002, 20:21
^...Mack Daddy, I was correct... You "ain't" right... :D :D LMFAO

Moto...Nice lookin' machine.....for a Chevy :D

motovet
05-20-2002, 00:19
Mackin, The dam was close to 200$, the lights 240$I believe. Ya their expensive but look good and very functional. They work quite well in the fog and work real well with the low beams to light up the sides of the road. Don't do the install on cafein or late at night cause it takes some patience as some of the nuts go on in some pretty tight spots. Thanks all for the computer tips.

motovet
05-20-2002, 00:48
To finish your question I did use the stock wires. Just chopped them off and crimped on the connectors off of the supplied wiring harness which I did not use.

mackin
05-20-2002, 04:12
motovet,

Thanks man !!!!!!!! Now if I just had some part #'s ..... :rolleyes:
(Whistling) If you got them handy ...LOL

I see your a computer WIZ now too .......... Got to your pics mighty quick with just a click ...... ;) Your truck got a good look'in nose on it I'll tell you.. You're a outstanding Plastic surgeon ..... Good job ......
MAC :D

battmain
05-20-2002, 17:59
"Ps...what does battmain "mean"?"

Sorry, away from the computer for the weekend and trying to catch up on four days worth of postings.

It's short for Batt Mainframe. If you've been around computers for a little, you'll know that in the old days we were limited to 8 characters. So Batt Mainframe was shortened to battmain. The name batt came from a nickname that I used to be called in Military school. You should be able to figure out why if I say, short haircut, ears. smile.gif
The mainframe portion came about when I started tinkering with computers. Coworkers used to stay far from my workstation because I'd make little modifications that made it difficult for them to use 'my' machine. Like when they entered 'dir' the computer came back with...'Sorry, that command doesn't work here!' So someone coined the term Batt Mainframe. Been the same for all my workstations now. One person that thought his workstation was secured experienced some ansi art called the Batt Bug. Remember the animated ansi on the old text bulletin boards? Geez, I'm dating myself here...The ansi art was payback after I found out he was kicking me off the network with a tool called Lan Manager. Took me about three days and working late to figure it out. Heh, he ended up reformating his pc attempting to get rid of the art since he couldn't figure out how I got into his password locked and cable secured PC. (Ancient chinese secret...) :D

AlaskaDmax
05-21-2002, 09:23
Battmain,

Cool, I have a nickname too, but it is too offensive to post here... :D :D :D

What branch were you in?