PDA

View Full Version : SAGGING SPRINGS

RONCLYDE
05-15-2002, 06:31
I seem to have a problem with the rear springs on my 2500hd reg cab, 8' bed. when measuring from the ground to the top of the wheel well opening the drivers side is 1" lower than the pass side. Also when you look at the spring pack there is only about 1/2" between the bottom helper spring and the rest of the pack and on the pass side there is about 1 1/4". Did anyone else have or heard about this problem? I am contacting the dealer today. THANKS!

TLA
05-15-2002, 06:50
Check your front end first. Many trucks are un-level there. and that carries through to the rear.
Some people have speculated that the weight of the fuel, tank etc, causes the trucks to be un-level in the rear.

dcpdave
05-15-2002, 09:41
ronclyde,
tla is probably correct, have your dealer check and adjust the front torsion bars, we have had several "attitude" problems, and adjusting torsion bars will get it close. they might not be able to get it perfect, but g.m. says 1/4" is acceptable. adjusting front will help rear end as well. also, we had one that had about the same amount of difference at the rear springs that you describe. we replaced the left rear spring and it helped a little, but i do think that a weight difference(fuel tank--fuel) does affect it.

hope this helps,

Kennedy
05-15-2002, 11:09
Right on! The LF corners seem to be 1 low. Raising this corner up will in turn lower the RR corner and should get things back in line.