PDA

View Full Version : "Transmission" fixed, rattle gone?? back from dealer AGAIN

MudNurI
05-15-2002, 15:08
Back from dealer again- Transmission problem is fixed, sure enough it was the fuel filter...truck is out of limp mode, able to blow by the power strokes again- YEAH... Transmission filter was changed, the spin on one- will look at the service order later tonight, (john took truck again)..and find out what the price and part # were.

as for the bearing kit for the steering box. The new dealership wanted to do the grease job- even though they believed me that the old dealer had already done it numerous times.. I okay'd it ONLY if when I come back with the rattle, they do the bearing kit.. I can understand that they have to try what GM says first, then try what I say ....so the tech showed me the grease they were using...and I said okay.

Picked up the truck, tech said that the grease that was in it- was NOT the grease that GM has said to use...it was a Green color, this grease is a gray/black color that GM sent.. and also the recommended amount was about 4x what the old dealer had in there. so he feels this will make some difference, great, it will if thats where the rattle is from. but we don't know yet.

I drove the truck home, and on roads where I normally hear the rattle, I don't think I did..BUT it might be all in my head..maybe it was there and I didn't want to hear it..who knows. After tomorrow, with another 300 miles put on her, we will know for sure if its coming back. If it has- the truck goes back for the bearing kit, if it hasn't..well, I'm dumbfounded.
the tech did say that the grease in the earlier release is NOT the same grease thats in the newer release..who knows why, or what that means.

anyway- for my updates' I am done for a few days. Hopefully longer!

BTW, blew away a power stroke at a stop light on my way home- GREAT to be outta limp mode! YEHA!

Brandy tongue.gif

mackin
05-15-2002, 16:32
Brandy,

Glad to hear it was an easy fix .. I'll bet your relieved ...... I'm like you and alot of us are in the same frame of mind, we all think the worst is wrong ....... Just a fuel filter . WOW ... Wait till you see what the stealer soaked you ....... What you should do is buy a few from ------> http://www.dieselpage.com/main.shtml and keep them on hand, with a good strap wrench ............ If you got 26 K out of the first one .... Hell, just get one ... LOL
Good luck ..
MAC :D

[ 05-15-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>