PDA

View Full Version : Hydro booster replaced, now brakes are funky?

MudNurI
05-16-2002, 21:03
As you may all know, my hydrobooster was replaced on Wednesday...driving home I noticed the brake pedal, was a lot higher than normal- when I step on the brakes, it grabbed sooner than before. I also noticed a few times it sort of jumped back at my foot. I didn't mention it to John, he would think I was picking on his truck etc... well, today he took the truck, and came home, walked through the door and says "they screwed up my brakes"...same thing happens to him..not always, but when you really hit the brakes, it jumps back at you...what the heck did they do ?

any idea's?..it has to go back next week for new seatbelts, so I will have it fixed then, but wanted your advice first.

thanks!
Brandy

mackin
05-17-2002, 04:27
Something isn't right with the ABS, that what it sounds like ..... Go back take the SERV. MANAGER for a ride , as previous ..... This time scare him real good so he'll get it fixed right the first time ...... If I have to stop quick , I will fell the feed back in the peddle too .......... I also hear a buzzing noise I guess you could call it that ...........Perhaps there is a sensitivity adjustment .... Are you sure you were not out racing them Fords again , and had to jump on them stoppers to quick ? .........I know how VT is Ford country and all ........ LOL
MAC :D

MudNurI
05-17-2002, 05:26
LOL okay, I WAS goofing with the ford boys again...you know theres nothing better than being at a stop light- with a power stroke next to ya, a young guy driving it, me, a young chick in the d/a...and him thinking he can beat me to the next light. HAAAAA!....funny when they finally catch up with me and the look on their face is just complete shock...hehehehehe..

John is calling the tech today- to let him know that we are having some funky brake stuff, and that when its in for the seatbelts, they need to adjust what ever they did.
Where are you in Conn? We come down to New Haven for Pizza quite a bit, John and his family grew up there, and being the Italians that they are, won't eat pizza up here...be nice to check out your ride when we come down.

see ya
Brandy :D

mackin
05-17-2002, 20:24
Brandy,

Not far from New Haven 25 min... Actually the road Route 63 that I live off of...... Runs right through New Haven by Yale University, and that pizza joint. Is it on Whalley Ave ?......... I live in a small town on the BETHANY line ......... Just give me a little notice, I'll let you check out the Black Beauty........

I'm very familiar with VT also . Although born there, lived and schooled here till the present ........ I'm familiar with Bennington (register some vehicles ,it's a tax thing ), Brattleboro (coffee stop)
, too common border towns ..... My Grandmother (father) lived in Fairhaven .... He was born in PUTNEY ...... My Bal relatives (mother) is Northern, VT .... Except one in central VT, Rutland ....Alot in Milton, Lake Champlain area.... Bal. way up as far as SWANTON ......... Just past Saint Albans . They start talking French up there ........ LOL

Been to the Northeast kingdom, no mans land, in the NE corridor a few times, it is a whole different world up there ....... Good place to go if the Nukes every fly, or snowmobile, or ATV..... LOL Seen alot of that state , spent alot of time there in the summer as a kid ..... Now I can drive 91 N , or 89 N with my eyes closed ...... No every dip , curve , and frost heave ....
Well enough of that, give me a shout, when you come down. I'll, and perhaps the MRS., will meet up with ya ......

MAC smile.gif

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

MudNurI
05-18-2002, 06:07
Wow- its a small world- the pizza shop we go to is Grand APizza North- I'm not sure what rode it's on- though I know its right off I-91, right down the road from Athena Diner...

Brattleboro is 4 exits south from me, Putney is 1 exit down- WOW, this is weird to see someone put up all these names to these little tiny towns that are right next to me! WOW!

you gotta bring your truck up and go from Bennington to Bratt, over "hog back" on route 9..There is a Asbestos (nasty stuff) Transporter in Wilmington- I LOVE it when John comes home and tells me we have to go to Catamount! Means I can fly up hills yeha!!

I'm not sure when our next trip down will be, but I'll be sure to let you know, I'd love to check out your truck, with all the mod's...and I'll even let you see our stocker! LOL....B-I-L has a 8.1/A and he just put on dual exhausts, WOW- thing sounds wicked, he usually goes down same time as us...I think you'd like the way his sounds now..VERY cool..

see ya
Brandy