PDA

View Full Version : MDrag......

01_Duramax_Dually
05-17-2002, 08:13
Can you do my a favor, Will you please e-mail me the fuel adding information you acquired for the Transfer flow fuel tank addition. Rather than me re-invent the wheel by checking 5 gallons at a time like you so graciously did, I am going to use your numbers as the baseline for the fuel and how your gauge reads. I suspect that the tolerance on the sending unit for the tank has to be +/- 5% and I can work with this.

Send to JPiazza@sdli.com or the address below in my sig.

Thanks in advance

mdrag
05-17-2002, 10:02
01_Duramax_Dooley,

I'll email you later today...I'll post the values as well so others can see how they compare...

BTW, I meant to comment on TFI calibrating the fuel sender mentioned in some of the other posts. The instructions that TFI provides have you check the sender resistance at EMPTY and FULL (float in the down position and float in the up position) after you remove it from the OEM tank, and check it again AFTER installing the sender in the new TFI tank - to ensure that the sender is working properly and nothing was damaged when installing it. There are no adjustments or calibrations to make - really just a check of the resistance values at FULL/EMPTY. TFI provides you with the values for normal operation.

The EMPTY resistance check on the new tank is easy, but to get the FULL reading you have to tip the tank to the vertical position to get a reading...I did it by myself but would recommend having an extra set of hands around since the tank is heavy and awkward...

mdrag
05-17-2002, 12:25
01_Duramax_Dooley,

Here are the fuel gauge readings/US gal for the initial fill of my TFI 56 gal midship replacement fuel tank:

LOW FUEL LIGHT OFF between 9-10 gal
1/8 -> 12 gal
1/4 -> 17 gal
3/8 -> 22 gal
1/2 -> 27 gal
9/16 -> 32 gal
3/4 -> 37 gal
7/8 -> 42 gal
15/16 -> 47 gal
FULL -> 52 gal

I'm interested to see what others have recorded to see how they compare. :D