PDA

View Full Version : Steering rattle report-----------rant..

Paintdude
10-08-2002, 13:27
So I call my local chevy dealer and find out that the bearing kit is 21 bucks and the J-tool should only take no more than week to get..I am getting a bit torqued over this situation so I made a phone call today to the tech-line number on the GM site..

I asked this guy why GM has a posted fix for this problem since June of 02 and no service bulliten number? He replied "that is how it works."

I told him I can make one up this morning if they are to busy..the bearing comes with lube and instructions..I can order the bearing from Chevy scan the instructions, fax them to him and he can add a -1 after the lube job service bulliten number..Then we will have a service bulliten for this repair..so dealers can look it up when we (the 40,000 dollar vehicle owners) want to get our trucks fixed!!!!

He took down my name and number and said he would pass it on to the right people..saying that they follow up on this stuff pretty well..

then I told him I was ****ed about this situation and that I have bought new Gm trucks in 94,96,98,00 and now in 02 and if this is the kind of service I am going to get from now on a possable trade for a different brand is in the future...

What a bunch of boneheads!!!!

Sorry, had to VENT...........

I will post his phone number if anyone else wants to call him..this is a direct line to his desk....

SoCalDMAX
10-08-2002, 20:34
Ooooooohhhhh,

He's gonna love you!! I understand how you feel. At least they came up with a solution. I've heard of another mfr denying problems altogether. That would REALLY frost me!

Regards, Steve

Paintdude
10-08-2002, 20:39
I am in the auto bussiness and might just order the stuff myself and take it with me to the dealer..or fix it myself and demand payment for the labor and parts..

Paintdude
10-09-2002, 18:48
called dealer today, he said the part are not in yet...I called and ordered the bearing from the local chevy dealer today and should have it in the morning..

I also got a return phone call from some gal at GM in detroit today..She left a message and a phone number..I called her back but she was out,I left message..

I am gonna get some real action on this deal one way or the other and try to get them to make a service bulletin for this repair, so other won`t have to go through what I have benn...What a crock..

Paintdude
10-14-2002, 17:56
Got a call from GM today..I told him the whole story (this guy was very knowledgeable about the steering situation)and he called the dealer..

Later he called me back and said the dealer has ordered the part (today)and it should be in tommarrow and they will fix my steering,assuring me that this will fix the problem...

He gave me his phone number and said he will be calling me back friday and if I have ANY problems till then or after to call him..

I asked why they(dealer) had never recived the part..He said it appears that someone dropped the ball..

Doh!

hoot
10-14-2002, 18:51
Pays to be persistant. Glad you got them to pick the ball back up.

Paintdude
10-14-2002, 19:03
I must admit..I did get ahold of the right person to get this ball bouncing again..

Here is the question..what do I say to the service writer that told me my parts have never arrived, when I take my truck in this week??

"Mess with the bull and get the horn."
"I know how to play this game,also."
"Your a liar."
"your a idiot."
"I should have bought a Chevy."
"I hope you get fired."
"Do what you say you are gonna do next time,dude."
"Wish you had never met me?"
"Have a nice day."
"Fix my truck."
"Thank You."
"I have a spare bearing kit in the truck."

[ 10-14-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

hoot
10-14-2002, 19:15
"He gave me his phone number and said he will be calling me back friday and if I have ANY problems till then or after to call him.."

Your answer was in the previous post :D

Since he said he called the dealer, they probably will treat you a bit different this time.

Take a good survey of your truck.... mileage, dents scratches....

mackin
10-14-2002, 19:22
Use #'S 1-3 when dropping truck of to avoid delay and hidden damage.....Then upon picking truck up use #'S 4-11...Let the guns fly....Please use #12 while waving good bye with one finger raised ......
MAC
:D :D

#5"Mess with the bull and get the horn."
#6"I know how to play this game,also."
#9"Your a liar."
#10"your a idiot."
#7"I should have bought a Chevy."
#11"I hope you get fired."
#4"Do what you say you are gonna do next time,dude."
#8"Wish you had never met me?"
#3"Have a nice day."
#1"Fix my truck."
#12"Thank You."
#2"I have a spare bearing kit in the truck."

Paintdude
10-14-2002, 19:29
Hoot:That sounds like the best one to use..

I am gonna take a witness with me..Mileage will be noted and we will do a walk around of the truck before I leave..and when I pick it up..

Why oh why do they make this such a pain in the arse????

When I ran a Chevy Dealers Bodyshop back in the early 80`s we had the best CSI in the USA..Yup,No#1 in the USA for customer satisfaction..Poling Chevrolet..

Maybe that is why I expect more from these guys..

Mac:You crack me up ,dude!!!!LOL!! :D

[ 10-14-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>