PDA

View Full Version : Kelderman Air Ride-For TLA

AVfan
05-17-2002, 12:15
Two questions for TLA.

Since you have a Kelderman air ride rear suspension on your 3500 I would like to ask:

1) Is your 3500 a shortbed or a longbed (I think Kelderman might have different kits for each)?

2)Main question -- Did the Kelderman air ride rear suspension kit change any clearances enought to cause problems with a Hellwig anti-sway bar or a Mag-Hytec differential cover?

Thanks for any info

Colorado Kid
05-17-2002, 15:05
I can answer the first question: All 3500's are longbeads.

TLA
05-17-2002, 17:29
Everything mounts behind the rear spring eyes. The main frame of the unit replaces the factory trailerhitch. The swing arm and bags attach to the main frame, the rear spring perches go, and the shackles attach to the front of the swing arm. There is no clearance problem anywhere. I lowered mine at the same time, so I had to use u-bolts to compress the rear on the overload so it was not in play all the time. My truck porposed a good bit on undulating roads, so I have Ranco RS9000's on the back (and front tonight). Actually made the ride better. Because of the air supporting the weight, the ride is better at ALL speeds - had to drive my '97 to remenber the difference. ' Hope this helps - I really like mine, and Kelderman has been grat to work with. If I can help further, e-mail: xcountry "at" goosedowns "dot" com