PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Glitch?

Runaway
10-08-2002, 21:29
Was talking to salesman about ordering truck today but ran into a glitch. I am planning on ordering a 2500 D/A with the LS package. One of the options I want to order it with is "reclining buckets w/6 way power..." The salesman says the only way to have the seat option is I have to also order the "XM satellite Radio." Anyone heard of such a thing. I'm thinking there might be a computer glitch with his software.

Would like to get this done this week.

AbqGeorge
10-08-2002, 22:00
My LS is on its way up from Phoenix as I type this. I don't recall any limitation on needing XM radio with 6-way-electric buckets. I do believe that the 6-way-electric is only on the drivers side now? You can even get the radio controls on the steering wheel without ordering XM or the 6 disk CD player.

Go to the GM/Chevy site (or one of many/many others out there) and do a "build your own" and see if it limits you in any way. Curiously, they all seem to be running the same software with the options coming up in exactly the same order.

Runaway
10-09-2002, 06:26
Thanks, everything I research says the same thing. I have time in my travels today and I will check a couple of other dealers to see what they say.

Thanks again

TNR
10-09-2002, 06:32
www.kbb.com will let you configure also. If you hit a point you need to have 2 options together it will pop up a box so you can see what you need & confirm. Hope this helps

Tim B
10-09-2002, 10:59
Back when I ordered my 2002, I had to order the cassette ( ! ) in order to get the cloth electric buckets. So I suspect you may be caught here too. And don't be surprised if neither KBB nor the GM site show this situation.

Tim B.

Runaway
10-13-2002, 20:26
Thanks again for the replies. You do have to order a radio upgrade to get the bucket seats on the LS package. But after some haggling I feel I got a good deal. Ordered the truck on Saturday and they are saying 6 - 8 weeks on delivery.
Ordered the Chev extended cab w/long box in Arrival Blue. Duramax/Allison combo. Tow/trailering package, tow mirrors, fog lights, cab lights, solar glass, cloth buckets and the radio upgrade.

Looking forward to a quiet ride (by the way, the new Cummins/Dodge package is still noiser inside, and the Chev handled better, IMHO). smile.gif

Now I just have to sell my Dodge before the truck comes in.

Big O
10-13-2002, 22:52
Don't feel bad. I could not get leather seats (buckets nor 40/20/40) with the XF6 speed. No earthly reason except some 'pin-head' decided it was cool!

car of the week
10-14-2002, 10:29
RUNAWAY--

The reason he probably said that is because there is a big promotion for salespeople if they sell the XM radio. that is a cruel way to do it, in my opinion but there are some selfish people out there. AbqGeorge is right on the power seat...only on the driver's side this year, don't know why. i would suggest going to another dealer and speek to the fleet manager. fleet managers usually cut to the chase and don't try to make a gang of money...we get paid off of the volume we sell. good luck

Ryan

Runaway
10-14-2002, 20:04
I should of mentioned in my earlier post that I mis-understood the salesman. The upgrade radio is indeed required for the bucket seat, but its either the AM/FM CD/Tape version or the XM radio. I did check with other dealers and was told same thing. When I placed the order, my copy of the order show that the upgraded radio was needed.

Thanks again for the replies.