PDA

View Full Version : Turbo oil return adapter on block. What's the deal?

Randee of the Redwoods
10-02-2003, 10:15
Is that thing welded on or what?? Mine has been leaking since the truck was delivered so I finally took some time today to address it. I managed to take the bolts and hose clamps out, but I couldn't get that thing off the block to save my life. All I wanted to do was reseal it and replace the heater hose coupler. No way. It didn't budge. The most I could do was clean the area, put the hose clamps back on, and put the bolts back in with some sealer on the threads. I'm hopeing that since the return piece wouldn't move that it is not the source of the leak. One hose clamp was not tight(but not loose either), so I made sure to crank them down by hand as best I could. Is there a way to get that thing off? I know it comes off as I have a spare.

whatnot
10-02-2003, 11:29
Did you get all 4 bolts out?

Randee of the Redwoods
10-02-2003, 12:50
Yea. I got all four bolts out. Turned out to be easier than I thought. Putting them back in wasn't too difficult either.
I'll just keep tabs on it and see what happens.

whatnot
10-02-2003, 18:26
Then it was just the gasket holding it on. If it was stuck that tight, I wouldn't think that it would be leaking. The oil was probably just running down from the hose.