PDA

View Full Version : Return Trip

hammer
05-19-2002, 14:42
Hi Everybody,Just got back home from Fl. for the winter,might as well stayed there cause were sure having a cold snap here.The D/A run flawlessly all the way down & back.Just turned 24,000 the other day.Changed the rearend grease last Wend.& am going to take it in for a complete Trans. flush the first of next month.I gotta admit though all the miles we put on it it sure has proven it self to us.Between 9-12 pulling & 17-19 empty.Going through the hills it didnt even phase it,maybe lost 4 m.p.h. at the most.Never had so many poeple ask how we liked the truck in my life.We sure are proud of it the way its performing.Were pulling a Travel Supreme Tri-Axle 36 fter.Weight of the truck & trailer is approx. 26.000.The truck just toys with it.Had it up to 85 m.p.h. on Hyw. 75 in Georgia & could of got more.All the power we need.Hope everybody else is having good luck with theres also.When we leave next fall itll be heading to Texas to the Podry Islands.

zrone
05-19-2002, 15:26
Hammer Glad to hear the D-Max is doing the job. The Travel Supreme is a great RV. It was my wifes' and mine first choice but the weight worried me. After reading your post I guess I should not have been worried. We finally purchased a 35 Excel that weighs about 15,000lbs. I've towed this over 2000 miles with no problems. The best I have gotten is 11mpg. We hope to hit the road in six months when my wife retires. Hope to see you out there.

hammer
05-20-2002, 08:29
Zrone,I read your return & noticed you were a little skeptic of the Travel Supreme because of its weight.We are fulltimers & started out last fall.Our goal is to see the 49 states.How long itll take depends on the time we spend out there on the road.We left last fall in Oct.& got through 7 states on the way to Fl.On the way back we came through 6 states.The truck just toys with this trailer & dosnt seem to bother it whats so ever far as weight goes.Just turned 24,000 last week & always had plenty of power to pull it.The average pulling mileage is around 10 m.p.g.Most of the average speed on the (I) system was around 70-75 M.p.h.I did take it up to 84 0nce on I-75 in georgia & still had some left in it to go faster.Havent had a hill yet were we have lost more then 4 m.p.h.Ive had it now just a year & its yet to use 1 qt. of oil (none).Its never bene touched other then oil changes & general maint.I sure hope everybody else out there has the luck we have had with ours.Id buy anouther one in a second.Good luck on your travels & maybe some day well meet some were on the road.Hammer smile.gif