PDA

View Full Version : FSD/PMD Failure - Covered by Warranty?

MJEasly
10-02-2003, 10:29
Does the 6.5 Injection Pump warranty cover the replacement of only the PMD/FSD? It was the only component to be found bad on my truck, but GM insists that the IP has to fail in addition to the FSD/PMD in order to cover the replacement of the FSD/PMD. The failure of a FSD/PMD alone is not covered. This seems to me to be a little inconsistent. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

99 K2500 w/60,000

Thanks,

BTW, I used the following supporting documentation when presenting my case to the service writer:

Document ID#1332172
Special Policy#00064D
Dated 5-13-03

More Power
10-02-2003, 11:11
Yes, FSD is covered. Also covered are the ESO (electronic shut-off solenoid), Optical encoder sensor/fuel temp sensor, timing stepper motor, pump electrical harness (small harness on the pump). In short, most things that bolts onto or is connected directly to the pump. The engine electrical harness is not covered.

There is a phone number listed on the 00064D letter that is there for you to call when resolving differences of opinion with your dealer about this warranty.

Failing all that, let me know. I know some people who have stepped in to resolve issues like this.

MP

MJEasly
10-02-2003, 12:08
MP,

Thank you for your kind offer. I should know later this evening if I need to bring out the big guns.

Thanks again,

Mark