PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (it's great to be here)

Mike O.
05-20-2002, 15:17
I'm new to diesels and 3/4 ton trucks but after reading many of the messages here it is a real pleasure to find such a helpful, courteous bunch of enthusiasts on a forum like this. Many other automotive forums have been downright rude or juvenile at best. I hope to learn much and perhaps contribute a little as well. Please forgive any really dumb newbie questions I may ask.

Heartbeat Hauler
05-20-2002, 15:53
Hi Mike & welcome to the board. Around here the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask...for the most part anyway :D . You will certainly learn a great deal, I know I have, but I think I would refer to the truck as 2500HD not 3/4 ton. Might ruffle some feathers. ;)
Welcome aboard!
JP

MAXed Out
05-20-2002, 17:13
Mike O,

Again, welcome!

If I read your signature correctly, you want to
LOWER your truck 2"? Interesting. Do you think it will affect your towing?

Also, you can probably get a lot of answers to questions that may have already been asked by using the SEARCH function. Not that anyone on this forum would be annoyed by answering any questions ;)

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: MAXed Out ]</p>

DSLPOWR
05-20-2002, 23:37
Hello! and Welcome! There is a HUGE wealth of knowledge here. Great to have another member. :D

Mike O.
05-21-2002, 06:59
MAXed Out,

I sure hope it doesn't effedt towing by doing a mild 2" f$r lowering. According to the options build list obtained from the dealer I purchased from 2500HD's have a 2" lift built in at the factory, at least mine did. I would be more concerned about the pinion angle and driveshaft vibration--may have to use a pinion shim to maintain stock angle. The reason I want to lower the truck a little is that I'm no longer a young hero and would like a little easier ingress/egress. Also, I really prefer a look with less air between the tops of the tires and the bottom of the fender wells--silly I know, but it's a "thing" with me.

01_Duramax_Dually
05-21-2002, 07:58
Mike O,
Firstly WELCOME!!! Glad to have another member join the team.

Secondly, you have entered DMAX zone!! Our mission here is to learn, teach and offer great suggestions for all fellow members. Someone said there was going to be some sort of "support group" or "therapy sessions" offered soon to help us overcome this dopey feeling we get when we are out driving our trucks..Keep your eyes peeled for that.
The sign up list will fill fast...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There are a few of us that toss oneliners around in here but do not take us personal... :D ...We are just messin around. Right Mackin, NutNButGMC and ChevysRus...?

Hey speaking of ChevysRus, where are you?. Have not seen much from you. Are you out with all those WWF...oooops WWE girls again? Tell us more about Trish....... :eek:

Welcome...