PDA

View Full Version : Underseat container

turbowind
05-21-2002, 10:38
Hi Guys !
I read the posts under the parts forum and liked what I read about the storage system advertised under the proffesional truck series...Our dealer figured out how to order the container and ordered it...He just called me back and said the box is $1067 ! did I still want it ?...I guess the guys whom got this part for under $100 got a deal !, if anyone knows if this price is right, or knows where get one cheaper, please let me know !

Les

TxDoc
05-21-2002, 11:38
These may or may not be any help.

http://www.suburbancentral.com/rsbdrawer.htm

http://www.underseatstorage.com/

http://home.att.net/%7Em.prendergast-alliedsignal/silverado_storage.html

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

TBC
05-21-2002, 20:06
On Maverick's web page at http://www.picturetrail.com/maverick2 look at the underseat container pictures and see a great box. He said it was $37.00 at the dealer. He gives the part number from the label on the site.

TxDoc
05-21-2002, 21:16
I tried the parts numbers listed with several dealers and online with GM Accessories and the numbers came up invalid. Do you have any updated numbers? Or, a dealer's phone number who has successfully ordered?

DetroitBob
05-21-2002, 23:46
I ordered the container from the same dealer as Maverick. Paid $38.88. Went to the other GM dealer last Thursday and inquired about the part and the counterman cou;ld not find it in the computer. He called the GM parts hotline(via telephone) entered the number and was quoted a dealer price of $575.44. It is supposed to be available in mid June. Also checked with a dealer in Oklahoma late April and was quoted $48 + shipping. Same time frame availability.

BoB

turbowind
05-22-2002, 10:50
I used the part number off of Mavericks lable and the part was available June10th..., retail is now $1067 seems to be a price increase of late !!

Les

TxDoc
05-22-2002, 14:26
Dealer reply:
"The storage box you are inquiring about is part of a current GMC promotion,
where dealers are basicly giving the box away. (You have to buy a truck to
get it.) P/N 15083315 has been replaced by P/N 15705440 there is currently
no stock available in the parts chain, however they expect stock 6/10/02.
Also there is no list price available, dealer cost + 10% is $633.13 which is
what I would be willing to sell it for + tax if you are in CA + shipping &
handling. Let us know if you are interested."

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: TxDoc ]</p>

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
05-22-2002, 19:05
I ordered The Storage Box From the Local GMC Dealer after I got the Part # From The Forum And a price Of about $70.00 Retail. The box came in today and I went to pick it up and was Quoted $500.00 I had to pass on it.

2002 SIERRA 2500 HD 4WD Extended Cab SLT
Duramax Alison
Locking Rear Differential
Dual Alternators
Heavy Duty Trailering Equipt
Electronic Shift Transfer Case
Electric Rear Window Defogger
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Off Road Skid Plate
Ext Electric Heated Mirrors
Wiring Provisions For Camper
A.R.E. CH Cab High Cap With Glass Windoors
Line X Spray in under Rails Bed Liner
Full Carpet Bed Rug
DTA Chrome Plated Stainless Running Boards
DTA Front & Rear Mud Flaps
Tail Gate Lock
56 Gallon Transfer Flow Fuel Tank & Fast Fill Neck
Futomo Drain Valve
Invinca-Shield

.................Alaska Kid

turbowind
05-23-2002, 10:06
Txdoc
Drop me an e-note re.your underseat box !

Les

diesel-dog
05-24-2002, 10:34
Picked up my storage box today ( was ordered in April) Paid $84.00Cdn and was still listed in the computer at $84.00Cdn. The parts guys were so impressed with the unit both of them placed an order for themselves. Not sure if anyone has tried ordering through a Canadian dealer and pay to have it shipped to your address in the States. Of course there is the added cost of shipping however paying over $1000.00US for this unit is outrageous. :D :D :D

TxDoc
05-24-2002, 20:48
Turbowind--we cannot send PM and no emails are listed. You will have to contact me. TxDoc2@aol.com. Thanks

Dmax Cutter
05-28-2002, 10:37
We got our underseat storage box last week. I was informed also that they were no longer available at that price, and they could not get another for anyone, (did I want to sell it?). My total cost, tax in, was $72can.
Sometimes you just have to get a great deal!

TxDoc
05-29-2002, 11:52
Tony Chevrolet in Alaska called and said the new boxes are now $600+ and Garber Chevy in MI also are $575 now.

Redhawk
05-29-2002, 19:09
I think I got the last box in the country under $500. I had to pay $150 bucks for it, about $50 more than its worth, but strangely enough I'm happy to get it. My wife even paid for it without a whimper.

GW208
06-01-2002, 13:24
Well, I almost got one for $65.00 From Portola Motors in Watsonville, CA two weeks ago. My local GMC dealer didn't have one but gave me the number of Portola so I called them. Talked to JJ and he said he had one and it would be $65.00, I said "OK, please UPS it". Eight days later no "container" on my doorstep so I called JJ back and he said there had been a price increase ($600+). He said he they had probably sold ten at the original price and had two in stock . Said he would check with his parts manager and call me if it shipped but nothing a week later. Rats!