PDA

View Full Version : Help with 2500HD order

JimWilson
05-21-2002, 13:02
Does anyone know a person "inside" GM, or know who to complain to about a messed up truck order? I ordered a Silverado 2500HD on 4/20 from my local Chevy dealer. He took my money and ordered the truck -- I got a Sales Order Number (SON) and everything. Well, 4 weeks later I still had no Targeted Production Week (TPW) for the build. Frantic calls by me to both GM and the dealer have gotten me to realize this; basically, I got screwed big time. Seems the dealer "forgot about the memo", the one that supposedly said the last date to order a 2500HD with the 8100/Allison combo was 4/8 -- over 2 weeks before he took my order! Funny thing about that is he won't fax me a copy of the memo. Hmm...

Anyway, I've seen other people post on various message boards about there orders -- one of which was just a day or two before mine -- and they're getting the trucks they ordered (no Duramaxes). I called 3 other dealers near me and all of them have said the last day to order 2500HD's was 5/8, not 4/8 like my schmuck dealer is telling me, so I should have been able to get it.

I called the GM 800 number 3 or 4 times, but they really don't give a crap that the dealer messed something up. AAMOF, they don't even work for GM -- they're subcontractors! -- so all I hear is the standard company line; "sorry, your out of luck". They won't escalate it to a manager (if there even is one around). They won't even tell me the name of an executive I can try to get involved in this dispute, they just keep telling me to get it resolved with the dealer. Well, if that was possible I sure wouldn't need 'customer service' (and I use that term loosely, because they have done nothing to resolve this problem).

So, what I'm looking for is the name/phone number of a person who can fix whatever is wrong here (which neither the dealer or GM has even told me what the problem is). Perhaps there's another forum member you knows how to resolve this, or has been through it and found the magic trick to get the dealer and/or GM to get off there @ss and fix the problem, before it's too late and there is no more 02 production. I *really* want the Silverado 2500HD -- and my current truck has over 150,000 miles on it now, so I can't wait too much longer -- but if I don't break the log jam very soon then I will truly be out of luck. Any help would be appreciated!

mackin
05-21-2002, 17:14
Your not going to want to hear this but,

I went through same ordeal just about ......... It is horrible .......the only saving grace was my dealer...After a serious run around like your getting, by my dealer, they made it right ... Big volume dealer. Called in a favor, GM redirected an allocation ....... It was born ...... So as I,P..SED and moaned here and they said it is your dealers fault . Yup they were right ....... They ordered to many couldn't fill my order ... The 1 800 GM# is worthless ........ May 8Th is I believe the correct date, it sounds right ...... Of course that is my 01 birthdate ......... Figure that out ... They begin production in June .... All I or anyone, I believe can tell you is, you have to bludgeon the dealer ........ Your only recourse ...... Go to another,Petition them. Inform your dealer your going to do just that ........ The will have to give you your money back, they cannot keep it ........ Good luck ......I feel your pain, big pain in the A**, Isn't it great you have to bug them to take your $37,890 dollars and . 63 CENTS ........
MAC smile.gif

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

odoh
05-21-2002, 18:48
I feel your pain ~ Yes I really do. Went thru sorta the same thing w/my DuraMax. Was on order 6 months ! ! ! Agitated the dealer, the BBB and anyone that would listen but really didn't help at all. I'd say GM has done an outstanding job insulating themselves from we the public/buyers.

Finally picked up my truck last week and I should be happy ~ which I am but should feel happier if not for the indifference of GM toward we who pay their wages. I really do like the truck but still have a heartburn w/the way I was treated. Hopefully, time will moderate the experience.

I hope your luck will change. In the meantime, check around w/other dealers. ~ odoh

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

JimWilson
05-22-2002, 07:28
mackin;

At least your dealer was on your side, the dealer I'm working with is who screwed me in the first place!

May 8th was the cutoff date for the other dealers I called, while April 8th was indeed the cutoff for the guy I ordered it from. Why the difference? Apparently the size of the dealer -- e.g. the number of vehicles they sell -- determines how many perks they get. One of those perks is how late in the production cycle they're allowed to place orders. I guess this dealer is small, by GM standards, so they were cutoff on 4/8. I ordered my truck on 4/20, and they NEVER said anything about not having allocations. They happily wrote an order, one they knew they couldn't fill, and let me walk out of the dealership. If I would have picked a different (larger) dealer I'd have a TPW, and in a month or so, my truck. Instead, I'm out a truck and GM doesn't give a rats *ss. The Gods of fate have never shined on me, that's for sure... :mad:

hjd3021
05-22-2002, 12:52
Why don't you see if you can buy one off of another dealers lot? I know there are a number of dealers here that have 02 Duramax's on the lot in stock. I'm sure one of them may help out here. Your dealer could deal direct with them to arrange the transfer.

JimWilson
05-22-2002, 13:50
hjd3021;

The dmax's cost almost 5 grand more (well, the 8100 was an 850 upgrade, so the dmax really costs about 4 grand more). But regardless, I don't have that kind of extra money, much is I would want a dmax.

And even if I did find one I could afford I sure as heck wouldn't do anything else with the dealer who nailed me -- he can go to h@ll, for all I care.

I've lived on gmbuypower.com for the past 3 days, and I may have found one close to my original order. But that dealer isn't giving as much off as some of the other ones do. Seems like I can't win no matter what I do...