PDA

View Full Version : Dead Battery Dilemma 2

AmericanThunder
12-17-2002, 00:24
Moderators why did you close both topics relating to the problem I am having?

Thanks Bryntch for the reply. I just picked up the little guy and the techs found nothing and charged me to boot! As with you there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the failure as it is erratic and usually happens after the truck has sat for only 24 hours or so. I appreciate the response as now I don't feel alone out here but I still wonder why the mods shut the thread down without even giving a reason. If I broke some rule please let me know but I am having a problem and I thought maybe someone out there could help.

SoCalDMAX
12-17-2002, 01:39
AmericanThunder,

They actually moved it to the "2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain" forum, which is a more appropriate forum. As an electrical problem, this isn't really a Duramax topic. Sorry if they didn't post a reply stating where it went when they moved it.

Regards, Steve

12-17-2002, 05:36
On my 2002 the DS battery was found to be defective. The reason was that a screw from the grill was too long and wore through the side of the battery. The way I found it was because the windshield washer resivoir was leaking. Seems the battery acid ate through the plastic resivoir.All was covered under warranty.

mdrag
12-17-2002, 11:15
Thunder,

SoCalDmax is correct. The topics were moved to a more appropriate forum. If you look at the upper left of the page, beneath the pic of the crew cab 3500, you'll know where the post was transferred.

mdrag

deerhunter7
12-17-2002, 11:48
I had the dead battery problems last year at this time . Turned out to be the AC Relay , contacts would stick.