PDA

View Full Version : BILSTIEN VALVE PROBLEMS

BOOMERHD
12-19-2002, 07:32
Yesterday I Was talking to a performance shop owner who owns a 2001 HD D/A. He tried to order a set for his truck, and was told that they are re-fabricating the shocks for the HD's, because the valving was not proper for the weight of the HD. Any body else know anything? I have been running them for 9 month's now, with no ill effects.

Boomer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bearman
12-19-2002, 18:49
I hope they don't have a valving problem, I just orderd a set from John Kennedy !!!!!
Cheers
Bear

BOOMERHD
12-19-2002, 19:31
I only bring it up because my friend was told they could not fill his order due to Bilstien fixing the valve problem at this moment. Maybe he was not speaking with the right people, but he owns a successfull automotive and motorcycle shop. He should have good sources but who knows?

JK you out there? Any insight?

BOOMERHD
12-19-2002, 19:45
I only bring it up because my friend was told they could not fill his order due to Bilstien fixing the valve problem at this moment. Maybe he was not speaking with the right people, but he owns a successfull automotive and motorcycle shop. He should have good sources but who knows?

JK you out there? Any insight?

Kennedy
12-19-2002, 20:38
This is OOOOOLD news. Back in spring they changed the part numbers, but the new ones have been around for nearly 6 months now.

Dunno any more than that, but I will say I've been told that if you cross Bilstein, you will find it VERY difficult to get product...