PDA

View Full Version : New Dmax

Trippin
12-20-2002, 23:04
I've been lurking here for quite a while. I've learned alot. Thanks to one and all! I've had a 1999 2500 EC 4x4 LB 6.0 for the last two years and just took delivery of a 2003 Chev 2500HD LT 4x4 CC LB Dmax/Allison. So much for the history lesson. I've got a couple of questions/observations.

1) Love the truck!

2) Hate the power extending mirrors. My 99 had better visibility on the pass side. Don't know if it is me or the mirrors. I just don't feel like I can see everything that is going on over there. Any body else have this same feeling?

3) I can't seem to get any volume of heat to come out on my feet. The heated seats are great, the heater is great at eye level but my feets is cold. Suggestions? Wool socks and get over it?

4) Rides like a Cadillac. Great, but I want a truck! After a decent hump in the freeway it takes the front end about three or four bounces to settle down. Normally this means time to change shocks but it only has 700 miles on it. Will the torsion bar adjustment and leveling out the front end help with this? Or is the Dmax just more weight up front than these shocks were designed for.

Thanks in advance,

Guy

BowTieDmax
12-20-2002, 23:24
1)I cant comment on the mirrors due the fact I dont have them.
2) My feet seem to be ok in my 01.
3) Just give the torsion bars atleast 3-5 turns and get some better shocks. Them 2 steps will make it ride more like a truck. Plus the bars will level the truck out and make it look a whole lot better. Just be sure to get a front end alignment after the bar adjustment. If you just adjust the bars it will firm up the ride but untill better shocks get installed you'll still get that front end bounce after a big hump in the road.

Good luck, Paul tongue.gif