PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Gold

Dmaxducker
12-21-2002, 18:38
Tried to get a quote from "Warranty Gold" and got the message: Attention California Residents:

"The State of California has passed legislation which regulates the sale of Extended Service Contracts to California residents. This legislation applies to all Internet companies and businesses that are not licensed in the State of California as automobile dealers. We are choosing to suspend offering our products and services to California residents until it is determined that we are in full compliance with this California legislation. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back often or submit your email address to be notified when our products and services will again be offered in your state."

What a joy to live in the Peoples Republic of California". Anyone know if Warranty Gold has resumed offering Extended Warranties in CA? If not I'll try to call them next week.

bora
12-21-2002, 20:07
They had this message on for almost 1.5 years now, I don't think they will resume anytime soon. Try your credit union or finance agency to see if you can get it from them. I got the GM Extended Warranty for 5 years. I figure I will pass 100K way before 5 years are over.

03DMAX
12-21-2002, 20:34
Try 1sourceautowarranty.com. I have a 100k policy on my Suburban, cost about $1,200. They have already paid out over $700 in repairs in the first year and are easy to work with.