PDA

View Full Version : Anyboby done it? Body Lift on 3500 CC 4WD D/A?

CanadaKev
05-21-2002, 11:38
I would like to know if there is a body lift available, or one that can be modified to fit an '02 3500 CC 4WD. I had one modified to work on my '99 Sierra 3500 SB 4WD but am a bit chicken to try one on the new truck.
Kevin

big dipper
05-21-2002, 13:04
I don't believe they (anyone) make a body lift for the chevy diesel. The intercooler and extra plumbing that go along with it make it a little more complicated.

Tader Jack
05-21-2002, 13:26
Try Performance Accessories. They have body lift kits for the HD's. I'm not sure exactly which models, but some if these forums have added them with good results.

www.performanceaccessories.com

Jack Schultz, McKean, PA
jackschultz@adelphia.net

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jack_schultz2001/rlst

2001 Chevy Silverado, 4-WD, 2500HD, Crew Cab, Short Box
LT Trim, Black Onyx w/ Tan Leather
Beltronics 980 Radar Detector • Blinder M-10 Plus Laser Radar Jammer
4 Rockford Fosgate FRC2206 Full Range Speakers • Husky Rubber Floor Mats
Lund Interceptor Wind Deflector • J&J Stainless Steel Tube Grill
Putco Stainless Steel Bed Rails • Access Roll-up Tonneau Cover • Pendaliner SR Bed Liner
DTA Stainless Running Boards and Mud Flaps • VentShades • Pop-Lok Rear Tailgate Lock
Lucerix Remote Control X-Mount Camper Mirrors • Unity Dual Door-mount Halogen Spotlights
Air-Lift Super Duty Ride Control w/ Dual Controller & Onboard Compressor •
Tekonsha Voyager Trailer Brake Controller • Uniden 510XL PRO CB Radio, Wilson Antenna
Kennedy Diesel Headlight Harness with 4 Lamp Mode • PIAA Platinum Super White Headlight Bulbs
Amsoil 2-Stage Air Filter • FPPF Total Power Diesel Fuel Treatment • FPPF 8+ Cetane Improver
Amsoil 15W-40 Synthetic HD Diesel & Marine Engine Oil • Amsoil Series 2000 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube (GL-5)
Coming soon . . . Banks Power 4” Stainless Monster Exhaust . . . on order right now.
------------------------------------------------

CanadaKev
05-21-2002, 13:27
big dipper,
That's what I was afraid of.
Thanks for the info.
Kevin

big dipper
05-21-2002, 17:05
Canada...
I think it would be possible to get an inch or possibly an inch and a half and just reposition the hoses on the intercooler just in case all you need was a little extra....just a thought. Then you would also have to fabricate a bumper relocater which is prbably easier said than done IMHO.(without hacking up the factory brackets)

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: big dipper ]</p>

ChevysRus
05-21-2002, 22:53
I saw one a few weeks ago hauling butt in the opposite direction. Must have been 12" lift kit in a 2002 Dually gasser 8.1 I think, it went by in a blur. I was stunned at the height, guy must have needed a ladder to get in and out. I thought about turning around and flagging the guy down, but he was out of sight before I could get my jaw back up into proper position. If I happen to see this guy again I will stop him and get a picture. Big white dually with big chrome reverse wheels, lots of "Red Stuff" stretching tall under the truck front and back. My kind of guy, spend 33K, screw the warranty, do what you want with it!!!!

CanadaKev
05-21-2002, 23:07
ChevysRus,
I would love to put in a suspension lift! Unfortunatley I have to pull a Gooseneck Cattle Trailer so a suspension lift is out of the question. Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck are reverse wheels?

ChevysRus
05-22-2002, 10:26
CanadaKev

LOL Don't pay any serious mind to the slang I sometimes sling around. "Reverse Wheel" to me simply means the opposite of the front wheel on a dually. Front wheel is convex and if you turn it inside out and put it on the back it is concave or "reverse". Just a loosely used term by me and most likely incorrect....ha ha ha

Anyway it was one nice "high Rise" (sorry another slang loosely used) rig! Hope I get to see it again and talk to the owner. With the lift kit and tires he had on that sucker I think a 7 year old kid could around walk under it LOL

Have a great day!

CanadaKev
05-23-2002, 21:12
Thanks Trader,
performance accessorries claims they have a 3" body lift for this truck. I have a kit on order.
I'll let you know how it goes.

mdrag
05-24-2002, 10:50
Moved to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain Forum.

big dipper
05-24-2002, 11:12
"performance accessorries claims they have a 3" body lift for this truck. I have a kit on order."

I talked to them maybe 3-4 weeks ago and they said they did not even have any plans to make one for a Duramax.

CanadaKev
05-24-2002, 13:24
big dipper,
I just talked to Performance Accessories and you're right, their part #183(the 3" body lift for the HD's) is not for the Duramax, but they do have it in the works to make one for the D/A. How long? Who knows? They wouldn't give me a definitive timeframe. He also said that some Duramax owners have successfully installed the #183 by making their own neccessary modifications. I asked him for ph.#'s of said people. He didn't have that info. but would sure try to get it for me. With 7000+ members on this Forum you would think that there would be at least ONE D/A member that has installed the PA 183. Please respond if you have.