PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Tranny Temp gauge.....

mackin
12-22-2002, 06:02
SoCalDmax

Pretty sure you have one....Where did you grab a spot for the sender????The factory is sump,are you checking pre cooler????Or aft???Just to back up factory reading????Thanks dude.....
Adding a gauge to my pod, in the coming weeks......Will have to pan handle my painted two gauge full pod in graphite, perhaps ......

MAC
:D

[ 12-22-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

FirstDiesel
12-22-2002, 08:51
Mackin

You want to sell the painted 2 gauge pod drop me a line.

Larry@Miata.net

I'll take it.

mackin
12-22-2002, 18:36
FirstDiesel

Be patient my man, and you, sir, will have first tibs......It will be super reasonable, don't you worry.....

MAC ;)

[ 12-22-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
12-23-2002, 11:55
Hi Mac,

Just saw the post. I mounted a temp sender (small brass enclosed probe) at the rear center of the deep sump. If you look at the lip where the bolts hold the sump on, about halfway between the lip and the bottom. So I'm essentially monitoring sump temp.

Although I'm glad I did it, the extra gauge/sender has pointed out that the factory gauge is reading higher than the sump, at least.

On Edit: Mac, I believe the factory sender is mounted internally in the tranny, in the fluid, very near the pump. IIRC, the type of sender is very accurate, it's the factory gauge that might have some error. If one were to use a gauge with the correct voltage range, one might get very accurate tranny temp readings from the factory sender...

Regards, Steve

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

mackin
12-23-2002, 18:20
Thanks Steve.....It's up next,when I get back....... ;)

MAC

mackin
01-03-2003, 16:22
First Diesel

You got mail......

MAC