PDA

View Full Version : Lost brakes and steering today

oneton
12-23-2002, 17:24
Well, I was hoping that I would never have to post a problem with the new truck here but all good things must come to end. I jumped into the D-max this morning and started to back out. I had no power steering or brakes. I popped the hood and found the power steering pump WAY too full and the back side of the booster inside the cab was leaking. As I went to muscle it into a position were a tow truck could hook up, it broke loose and everything worked as normal. The dealer called today and verified that they are going to replace the booster. We'll see if these fruitloops can get it fixed right the first time. I can only pray.

Kennedy
12-23-2002, 17:45
Mine is seeping into the cab too. I still have 7k of warranty left, so I'm not tooexcited. Working fine except for the leak.

Maverick
12-23-2002, 22:53
Hey Oneton,
Mine did the same thing about 14 months ago to my 3500. Broke loose and worked ever since. Got about 70,000 miles on since then. Never noticed any leaking though. Maybe thats why my 2500HD's brakes are more touchy than the 3500. Let me know how much the new booster repair is. Even if its a warranty job.

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

oneton
12-26-2002, 16:16
Ok, here's the scoop. I did a surprise visit while they were working on my truck the other day. Found they were working in the inside the cab with no carpet or fender protection and greese all over the door panel. I stressed three time before I left that I expect the truck back in the same condition that they received it in. Well, they did clean the door panel but that's as far as they got. Found a chip in the fender and brake fuild all over the wheelwell and , yep!! even on the frame. There goes the coating :mad: and the power steering cap jambed in crooked. Like I said, they are frootloops. But, they did installed a new rubber sheild on the inside of the cab. Why? I don't have a clue. Do any of you have this installed originally? Maybe it didn't get installed at the factory? :confused: I tried to find out the cost but all the paper work the gals have had "warrenty" work with no prices. Sorry guys. It's good to have the truck back and hope I don't have to go back again.

[ 12-26-2002: Message edited by: oneton ]</p>