PDA

View Full Version : No fuel out of fuel filter bleeder!

airtech
03-13-2005, 13:27
I changed my fuel filter and put it back together and turned the key on to bleed the filter and no fuel comes out. The filter is installed correctly. I then went to lift pump,I have no voltage there. Does that mean I have a bad OPS or relay or what?
Thanks for any input.

BobND
03-13-2005, 14:01
Did you try tip #4, shown HERE:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/misc.htm

Put the tranny (auto) in any gear except park or neutral, and then rotate the key to start position. This over-rides the oil pressure switch, and the fuel pump should get powered up.

rjwest
03-13-2005, 14:23
96 and up, connector in bundle by left hood hinge ( driver side ) Its for jumpering to 12v to run lift pump....

airtech
03-13-2005, 19:43
Thanks guys for the replys;I'll try both of these ideas tommorrow after work.

sturgeon-phish
03-14-2005, 05:54
The connection you'll be looking for is a red wire with a covering over the blade. Start at the fuse box and find the wire bundle. Follow it towards the firewall and the wire should be poking out of the wire wrap. It may be pointing down or tucked inside the wrap. I'm going into detail because it took me several attempts to find it.

Kennedy
03-14-2005, 06:20
The OBD2 trucks should run the lift pump for a few seconds at key up. It will only run for a few seconds. I'd say try a couple more cycles and see what happens. If nothing then I'd first check for power at the pump, which will likely be fine, and then check the (likely culprit) lift pump.

airtech
03-14-2005, 16:22
I didn't have power to lift pump. I replaced the ops(man what a job)got to have the right tool for sure. While I had it down i went ahead and replaced lift pump. Got truck to start and run fine but now when I turn off key the lift pump runs for about 10 secounds, is this normal? I never noticed this before.
Thanks for any help

Kennedy
03-14-2005, 16:40
The lift pump will run until the residual pressure bleeds down and lets the OPS contacts open.