PDA

View Full Version : NSBU back ordered.....still

62dog
12-23-2002, 20:17
I was at the dealer on the 14th after experiencing intermitent NSBU related problems. The PRND321 light is off almost every monring, only once since the 9th 3rd gear was the highest it would go.
Anyway to keep it short, the dealer said they have some NSBUs on order after replacing one that week. Why is it taking so bloody long to get the NSBUs, especially if they know there failing. :mad:

mackin
12-23-2002, 21:03
62dog

I would suggest searching on the Allison site for a dealer in your area....I did a quick search by what provide as location and there seems to be quite a few.....

=>http://www.vicinity.com/allisontrans/geoprx.hm?cty=CA&cont=1&AD4=CA&DBR=100&FC=&AD2=&CITY=+Lisle++&STATE=Ontario&ZIP=&x=47&y=18ou

My paticular Allison dealer has many units in stock @ 45 bucks and change......

Good Luck...

MAC

:D

Maxter
12-24-2002, 09:17
I had my NSBU sitch replaced this very morning. I had to give them the new part number (for the beige switch with the shield) because in their computer, the old one (black without shield) was specified for that repair.

My personal experience with a defective switch has been varied. Ranging from no PRND123 to only 1,2,3 and the worse only 3rd. However, I noticed that whenever I use R to backup, I would almost never be able to go over 3rd after that but...

Most of the time I was able to regain 4th and 5th just by stopping, going into P, turning off the truck, restart and go directly to D without engaging Reverse.

It worked for me most of the time until I had the switch changed this morning.

Hope this can help.

JF.

62dog
12-24-2002, 10:33
I thought about going to an Allison dealer but my warrenty will cover the cost/installation. I have only had my truck since mid August.

When I was at the dealer I told them the problem I was having and I believed it was the NSBU. I also told them I have the old black not revised biege NSBU. They said that sounds exactly like what it is....but how did you know. I told them about the Diesel Page, needly to say they were impressed. They had to call GM for help, there techs diagnosed a more serious problem thet would have cost over a $1000.

FirstDiesel
12-24-2002, 11:19
If it were me and the dealer had a back order for the switch I would give them the number of the Allison dealer with the part in stock and tell them I expected them to get the part and fix my truck. If they refused I'd buy the part and give it to them and send the bill to the dealer's owner with a letter explaining how YOU were able to get the part but his service manager couldn't/wouldn't and you expected to be payed for the part. Copy the GM rep in on the letter.