PDA

View Full Version : Filter's

growler
12-24-2002, 09:59
I have a question on filter's ? have any you diesel foks ever heard of Wix & Part master filter"s ? I'am not used of these brand filter are they all right to use on diesel truck? This is my first Diesel truck that I ever had my other truck's were gas. these filter's are from auto value part's store.

I have a 2002 Diesel Silverado LS 2500HD 2WD crew cab short box with Allison 5 SPD automatic Trans Rear Axle 3.73 Dark Carmine Red Metallic

Rebel_Horseman
12-24-2002, 10:33
Wix is a pretty good fileter as far as I know. I've got a Wix fuel filter on mine and haven't had a problem. My cousin's '01 and my uncle's '02 have both had nothing but Wix fuel filters and they've never had any sort of problem. I'd buy another. I don't know anything about Parts Master though.

Reb [><]

ccds
12-24-2002, 14:56
Growler:

I see you are fairly new at posting....
take the time to try the search button at the top right of the page.
If you do a search on filters there is enough information on oil filters, fuel filters and every brand of filter you ever would want to know about.

The subject of filters has been discussed from every angle.

The search feature takes a bit of time but gives you the tool to find out discussions from the past...

enjoy

smile.gif

johns
12-24-2002, 19:42
I've used WIX filters. I guess they're OK. NASCAR uses them on the BGN and WCS cars so I guess they're OK with them too. Guy at NAPA told me that WIX makes the NAPA brand filter. Don't know if it meets the same specs though.

I'll keep using the AC Delco filters. At least of there is an engine failure, GM can't blame it on a "sub-standard" oil filter.

Billman
12-29-2002, 11:31
johns, Yes Napa filters are made by Wix. Most of them anyway.

Wix oil filter for 6.5TD 51060
Napa # 1060
Just remove the first digit

Excellent filter by the way. Of course my opinion.