PDA

View Full Version : madmatt rebuild

Jim Brzozowski
05-25-2005, 08:50
Hows the rebuild looking? Did you ever find aftermarket rods and pistons? Just wondering after say a stage 5 suncoast is it your opinion that the next weakest link is the rods and pistons or is anyone tearing up anything else that they aren't talking about. Not that I'm thinking of getting back into racing again. Just curious what roder of weak links have been found by those who are pushing them really hard. I got a feeling there are not too many things being broken even with the high power numbers some are turning up with. Keep us up to date. One of you Dmax guys need to go after that 1/4 mile record the D****e guys are grinning about. Humm, if only I had the money....

madmatt
05-25-2005, 14:58
the only things we've tore up so far is the tranny ( now replaced w/ a suncoast), a turbo, dropped an exhaust valve (drug overdose :D !!) resulting in another blown turbo, got that straightened out now we've blown a couple pistons and rods. Sorry but you won't find me at the strip unless it's covered in dirt and has a big sled at the start. I don't have the money either. Luckily this truck is a joint effort but it's still done it's fair share of sitting either waiting on parts or funding :( . as of right now it's sittin' waiting a organ donor . I'm working on the rod/piston situation right now.