PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A RIM(stock GM)

thechevyhdman
12-25-2002, 11:09
Yup, Last night being a good boy, had my girlfriend be my designated driver. I had a few too many and well, didnt feel much like driving anyways. Half asleep I hear crash..... were half up a guardrail that follows upto a side of a bridge. She backs off and I hear that the tires leaking air. Drive straight home expecting to see the front side all smashed up. Nothing, no damage at all. I am for one lucky that it didnt do any damage, I can see that the guardrail nailed my lower control arm right next to the lower ball joint. Rim is shot at least part of the inside edge is gashed out and didnt feel bent on the short ride home but it was pretty much flat by the time we got home. Question I have is does anyone have a rim or even a set of stock rim s for sale. They are the nice rims on a GM 2500HD I have a feeling it will cost aroud $180 for stock rim. Im asking here because Im sure someone has to have a set or a rim that they replaced with aftermarket. Please help me out. On a side note everything bad does happen in 3's. Reverse blew up on my work truck the same day and I am presently waiting for my 3rd and final occurance to happen. Alignment on the truck is off a bit it pulls to the right not bad... It might even be because the spare tire is brand new and a little low on air.

hdmax(mike)
12-25-2002, 12:47
I can not help with a rim. But I think you are way low on price for a new one.

About 5 years ago, My brother in law had a set of 4 tires/wheels stolen. Insureance paid something like $2800 for them. And like I said that was 5 years or so ago. Good Luck!

retiredalaskan
12-25-2002, 14:48
sorry to hear about your misadventure, glad no one was hurt, I have a set of the stock aluminum wheels with 265/70 tires, if your interrested email me at alaska@juno.com. Have a great day!!

Bass_on_tap
12-25-2002, 16:40
You may want to check ebay also. I sold mine there and others have them for sale all the time.

Burner
12-25-2002, 22:22
Sorry about your problem. A new Alcoa rim from the dealer will be somewhere between 320.00-450.00. I have two "extra" rims. The wife has the same rims...... :rolleyes: I have purchased two sets off the net or ebay. The first set cost me 750.00 and the second set cost me 575.00, delivered. If you only need "one" rim, shoot me an e-mail.

Burner

TraceF
12-26-2002, 07:50
The stock alum wheels are very light without the tires. They should ship pretty cheap. Good luck, glad no serious damage.

thechevyhdman
12-26-2002, 16:14
Thank you for your replys....Im gonna hold out for now. My spare tire was running at 30 psi so I filled it up with air and truck drives pretty good. It is off a bit, but not much, not even worth fixing I think. I measured out the distance from front bumper to drivers side tire and, then from passenger side(the side that hit) and shes off a bit. I dont know how much But its looking like it might need frame work to pull everything forward, Or maybe just a lower control arm(took the brunt of the hit)Sucks really sucks, So typical of my luck. Cant claim it, dont want insurance to go up, girlfriend was driving, deductible is close to the likely cost of fixing. Man sometimes I wish I had a POS I didnt have to worry about. Thanks again maybe my luck with turn for the better and I can get away with just a alignment. Bill

gardnerteam
12-30-2002, 08:58
If you end up needing a rim, I have one extra $100 plus frt.
g-a-r-d-n-e-r-t-e-a-m-@-b-e-n-d-c-a-b-l-e-.-c-o-m Take out the dashes