PDA

View Full Version : Flapping noise coming from front A pillars

madmax7
07-24-2002, 20:12
When I get going pretty fast (70+mph) I have a flapping noise, almost the same sound as lots of bugs hitting the wind shield. Any one else hearing that? How did you fix?

pullinpower
07-24-2002, 20:28
madmax7,I think there have been some reports of loose windshield trim making noise at highway speeds ,an easy fix would be to get some trim adheasive and apply to the trim so you wouldnt have to mess with the dealer.

Maverick
07-24-2002, 20:52
There are rubber flaps that cover the hood hinges. Irregular air turbulance with a bug shield installed can cause them to flap and this noise to happen. The trim like Pullinpower said is also a culprit.

Rebel_Horseman
07-24-2002, 21:02
I'm putting my truck in the shop soon and that is one of the many things that have to get fixed. Once it's fixed I'll post what the dealer did to fix it (that is if they can find it...it took them 2 tries to fix a trannie that fried after 10k).

Reb [><]

motovet
07-25-2002, 00:10
I had the side trim glued to fix mine. I still hear that sound you described but now they ARE bugs!

SoCalDMAX
07-26-2002, 10:29
Sometimes at about 85mph or up, I hear a flapping noise coming from the passenger side. Near the seat area. Only when the better half is in the truck. It kinda sounds like, "blah, blah, blah."

I'm thinking it sounds like an expensive fix. So I just keep it under 85 when she's in it. It's cheaper that way. ;)

Regards, Steve

dcpdave
07-26-2002, 16:02
madmax7,
most likely, you have a bug shield on the truck?, we have found that the shield changes the air flow and causes the wind to get up under the "a" pillar windshield mouldings causing them to "flap". we have found the best way to fix it is to put double-sided tape under the mouldings. we have fixed several this way. g.m. is aware of this condition, and even tho it is caused by an "add on", g.m. has paid all of our claims, and are planning a redesign moulding.
hope this helps,