PDA

View Full Version : Allison surges backwards on start up

ram/tx
07-25-2002, 17:11
When I first start the truck up in the morning or late afternoon after setting for 9 hours, The Allison sort of moves the truck while I have it in Park. You can feel it surge an a little Bump feeling in the floor board. Has anyone else had this problem on start up? Don't need any bad news, going on vacation to WVa next week. Should I take it to the dealer or am I just thinking I have a problem? Thanks for any help. :confused: :confused:

YZF1R
07-25-2002, 17:22
In the vidio that came with the truck it says you may hear a thump from the Allison on start up. It's the solenoids snaping in.

Steve

ram/tx
07-25-2002, 18:45
Someone must have took my video, because I didn't get one. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear I don't have a problem. Just normal strange noises from this new Truck. HUH? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tim975
07-27-2002, 20:33
Ram:

I'm feeling the same thing. After the truck has sat for a few hours, when I pull out of my driveway and pull up to a stop sign, the harder I brake, the harder the surge. It feels like I'm getting hit from behind. But after a little driving it goes away. I took my truck in for that reason last week, the dealership said nothing was wrong. It's the programming in the TCM/PCM modules, adjusting themselves to the way we drive our trucks. I think he's blowing smoke, like all the other dealerships; I mean, why would Allison build a transmission that surges? I still can't find a dealership in NW Indiana that has a decent head on their shoulders. This is my first diesel, and I'm learning a lot from the experiences other members have had. If I find out anything myself, I'll surely spread the word to everyone here. Good luck!

Tim975