PDA

View Full Version : weard knock at 2500 +"help"

jb carver
10-02-2003, 18:35
my name is john carver ,I have a 1995 6.5 Chevy sub,
earlier this year I was losing water so I pulled the heads and sent them to Napa they said they were cracked {both}so they had 2 rebuilt heads and I put them on, it cranked it up just fine, idles fine,runs good till you get to about 2500 under a small or heavy load ,that's when it starts to knock like a weird injector rattle and will stay there till it shifts or you back off the throttle and when you do that it makes a loud Cummins type diesel knock .when it starts to rattle it puts out blue smoke and when you hear loud knock it give a puff of white smoke,it also sound like it is on the drivers side ,I took it to a standyne repair shop and they said the pump was fine put 5 rebuilt injectors on and it is still the same,can you tell me what I should try or what might be wrong.
thanks
john

triggerman
10-02-2003, 19:55
The stanadine guys should have done a compression check and you could also have your oil tested for coolant. That white smoke dosen't sound good. :(

jb carver
10-03-2003, 06:44
compresson was tested and it is good

billg
10-03-2003, 07:02
Hi jb carver,
How

billg
10-04-2003, 04:03
In the past there were some posts on valve train components making lots of strange noises. Not sure if it was retainers, rockers or lifters. Something else to consider.
bg

Cowracer
10-06-2003, 09:43
Also, make sure none of the injector lines are touching anything. I had one that laid up against a heater hose and it would cause a knock when the injector fired

Sounded JUST LIKE a rod knock. Scared the hell out of me!

Tim

jb carver
10-16-2003, 06:19
still not running right putting new injectors on to day,will leave results later

david
10-16-2003, 17:00
JB
Mine had a knock ,i could hear it passing cars or trucks .
The sound would bounce back and it did not knock at idle.
Then going down the road about 60mph and boom ,i droped #8 piston .
No smoke or any thing ,such is life!!!!
David
ps i thought it was a vac. pump going bad!!! :mad: :mad:

jb carver
10-18-2003, 19:15
well i put hi flow bosch injectors on and made a big power gain and the knock is about 75% gone it didn't fall off at 2500 but it still is there just alot less now i guess i will put a new pump on and see how it likes it.does some one have a guess whats going on with this thing???????

tom.mcinerney
10-18-2003, 21:59
JB, This sounds somewhat similar to a thread that was lost; the poster(?) actually tore down the engine and found a little excessive clearance in one of the jugs...