PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HP SuperDuty?

mdadgar
03-27-2003, 12:10
Has anyone tried Hawk HP SuperDuty brake pads? Tire Rack has them, as well as Hawk HPS (special order) to fit our trucks.

I'm looking to fix the awful brake feel. (and for those people who think the brakes are vastly improved vs. earlier models, I can't imagine how bad those were)

Thanks.

- Mark

FirstDiesel
03-27-2003, 17:53
I'd be more prone to try something like Carbon Metallic pads than Hawks.

I've used Hawks on my wifes car and they squeak and growl and grind. I really don't consdier them to be a streetable pad. They are more a performance track pad.

mdadgar
03-27-2003, 19:36
Which Hawks did you put on the wife's car? I generally don't mind the noise so much.

My concern with the Carbon Metallics is that the are very, very hard on rotors. Kind of a pain for a street vehicle.

- Mark

FirstDiesel
03-27-2003, 19:43
Hawks HPS and they are very squeeky and do make a lot of grinding sounds. I think most Hawks are fairly rough on rotors. I've not heard that the Carbon Metallics are, do you have first hand knowledge of this?? I just bought a set to put on my S10 and really hope they aren't going to destroy my rotors.

mdadgar
03-27-2003, 20:38
Yeah, a friend (and race car fabricator) has run them on his F150. Hey says they eat rotors quickly and I have enough experience with him to believe it.

Of course, he's raced ALMS and can persuade the truck to do unnatural, physics-defying things. smile.gif

- Mark

FirstDiesel
03-28-2003, 05:35
Oh well, will see I guess.