PDA

View Full Version : Hot August Nights - Reno

ChevysRus
08-08-2002, 10:49
Hate to do this, but I've been gone and just got back. Before I left there was some discussion about a get together in Reno during Hot August Nights this weekend or last. Tried to browse and find the thread but no luck. If there is something going on in Reno this Sat. 8/10, I don't want to miss it, so please let me know. If you did it last weekend, hope you all had fun darn it!!

Let me know please

WOJO 1
08-08-2002, 11:13
I have heard of nothing but I am game to meet up with whoever wants to. It will be a ZOO downtown. Have camera will travel. Anyone else??

ndamico
08-08-2002, 11:26
We should do it in Sacramento! Reno will be too busy. Plus there are 3 of us DP members down in this area..hehe

Reno DMAX
08-08-2002, 16:45
ChevysRus,

I'm leaving for Yellowstone Saturday morning. Tomorrow night would work for me. Of course having a row of Duramaxes would distract the 300,000 people from the Hot August Nights events.

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: Reno DMAX ]</p>

ChevysRus
08-09-2002, 10:03
Thanks guys, looks like not enough interest this time around what with all the hot rods taking up all the good parking spots in Reno. I think I will drive my '39 Chevy up tomorrow early and hang out all day then head home tomorrow night.

BUT hey I am up for a meet in SAC anytime (except for tomorrow LOL). I live in Brentwood near Stockton and I can be in Downtown SAC at the Hard Rock in 74 minutes from my house (driving the DMAX, everything else takes 76 minutes ) ha ha ha

So if you want to organize something for later on let me know and I would love to be there and swap DMAX stories.

Best Regards,

ndamico
08-09-2002, 12:50
anytime in sac works for me guys...just say the word and give me a bit of notice!

Wesley Briggman
08-12-2002, 21:40
Count me in. Let me know the time/place in Sacramento and if possible I'll see ya'll there.

Email me at wbriggma@pacbell.net with details. Thanks -

GMC4ME

[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: Wesley Briggman ]</p>

CSDMAX
08-13-2002, 14:12
Well Guys....Are you going to meet this coming weekend?? I will be passing Reno and stopping in Roseville Friday night and Sat morning at my brothers....and then onto the Bay Area for the first part of the week.
ChevysRus and Westley....I will also be out at Turner Cut in Stockton for a couple of days...Thursday, Friday, and Sat morning.
Let me know..

Don

ChevysRus
08-14-2002, 11:51
Well Sat. afternoon is OK for me in Stockton or Sac. Sorry about Sunday, my wife has me committed or is that having me committed, not sure will find out on Sunday.

Following weekend is Goodguys in Pleasanton and I will be there all 3 days (Fri, Sat & Sun.)

You know CSDMAX I have Dakota Digitals in my '39 Chevys and I wanted them in my truck, but a while back I checked with Dakota Digital and they did not have Boost and EGT package. Now I see you have them and they are great. Would like to do them same way except, I thought about mounting on a angle towards the driverside for better viewing. Would like to see yours as maybe the angle is not necessary.

Anyway, appreciate info on how you ordered these and did you install them yourself (hookup to exhaust and boost). I am nervious about drilling the exhaust manifold, but seems everyone is doing it and no big deal.

Where else will you be in the Bay Area if Sat. is not workable??? I work in Walnut Creek and I will be in SF on Tuesday. Could easily meet you somewhere if you have time. Are you on vacation or working??? In town for the big Food Show next weekend in SF???

Anyway, my email is ChevysRus@hotmail.com, let me know what's good for you and will try to work it out.

Regards and enjoy yourself while you are here.