PDA

View Full Version : Brake Recall on Manual Trans. Trucks

DeepVee
08-05-2005, 09:32
Just got a recall notice this week. States it's for manual transmission trucks only and that there is a problem associated with the parking brake and routing of the cables which may cause premature wear of the parking break shoes.

crafty
08-08-2005, 12:23
I got the same notice too. Good thing as I was just about to pay to have my E brake adjusted or fixed. Right now it will only hold if I am on the level. Once I get on a hill or have any weight behind me it will roll no matter what. I plan to go to the dealer very soon to have the recall taken care of. :D :D :D

precision37
08-09-2005, 07:22
Mine goes in Thursday morning for the fix. I paid to have this done last Sept. and it lasted only about 10,000 miles. I'll have to see if I can get GM to reimburse me for the cost.

Damn Yankee
08-11-2005, 15:14
Took mine in for inspection, found an axel seal leaking. After two days, they got the 'parts' to fix the "recall". (seal replacemetn was $193)Tomorrow I hope it will be fixed.

Curious..... any problems with dual mass flywheels from anyone?

precision37
08-17-2005, 10:55
Had my DMF replaced about 17,000 miles ago at about 50,000.
Had the parking brake recall done last week and all is well now.
Also had both rear axel seals ( second time for one of them ) done under extended warranty along with new pads and rotors.
The truck never stopped so well.