PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold Removal

sk8rdi16
11-16-2004, 18:21
I have searched the forum, but can't find much info on the actual removal of the intake manifold. I would like to remove the manifold to get the PMD (pretty new) and relocate it. The previous owner didn't bother relocating! I also want to remove the manifold because I will be installing new fuel lines for my grease kit. I have a subscription to alldatadiy, but it doesn't give much on the procedure. Is it a terrible job? Should I try *not to do it? Where can I find more info, ie, other good manuals?

Thanks

catmandoo
11-16-2004, 18:57
its a pretty straight forward operation,you don't need to drain the coolant which helps alot,but the brackets that hold the inj lines can be a pain,otherwise not too difficult.

ees
11-17-2004, 04:01
Likes been said it is quite straight forward. With air tools you should be able to have it off in 10 or 15 minutes. A little longer by hand. The biggest thing is to make sure you have something to cover or plug the ports once you get it off. The last thing you want to do is drop a nut and have it fall into a cylinder with an intake valve open. Then the simple job becomes a huge job.

Hye
11-17-2004, 19:37
I've R/R'd PMD's and replaced fuel lines under the intake without removing the intake. I heated and bent a torx screwdriver 90