PDA

View Full Version : A tire ?? for mackin!!

billhv
08-09-2002, 22:10
hey mackin,

...l don't want to be a pest, but!! no, seriously... my tires are old & weary, & your reply on my previous allison thread got me spending time looking at all your pics..very nice
& some great info btw!
l talked today to Steve @ Parkinson Tire here in Woodstock, Ont., { no affiliation, but prices & service are THE BEST AROUND }. He recomended the
Michelin XPS over the LTX for my situation when l
told him l commonly towed total GVW of 14,000kg.
l'll be buying in about a week or 2. My ?? is
is there any advantage in 235 versus the 215 which
l had planned on buying. Thanx Mac in advance.

mackin
08-10-2002, 06:33
billhv ,

Thanks........I believe the XPS is definitely a better tire Traction or Rib for it's more of a commercial tire with a stronger side wall.....I couldn't believe the weight of the tire alone not mounted......I chose the 235'S for total OD factory as to gain some height in my stance......But as you can see with a bulge of 9.3" they are mighty tight outback......My goal eventually is to put longer studs with a spacer plate as to pick up between tire clearance.....Spacers are not an option (for me) as the narrow (1 "3/4 and under) ya have to cut your stock studs.....So really the only DIS advantage is less clearance between tires.....I did immediately pick up some pogo sticking bounces with the bigger tire .......So if your concerned about tires rubbing which will build heat, stick with the 215'S tire.....I would imagine that if you were to pump them up (235)to a whopping 80 PSI while towing it would be minimal, but you would have to air out for I feel it would be one ruff ride empty.....You'll be happy with the MICHELIN'S I am no matter what size......Good Luck......

MAC smile.gif