PDA

View Full Version : starter problem?

bigtallguy
10-03-2003, 10:46
Well, I went to start my truck today and when I turned the key, all that happened was "click." I tried a few more times and then took the key out and checked to make sure the batteries were still hooked up right and everything else was in place, then I tried again and it started right up. I dodn't really know why it started or didn't start, so if anyone has had this happen or know anything about it, I would appreciate the info.

Shad
10-03-2003, 12:30
Hey we got a guy at work we call "big hairy tough guy" because he is. Anyway.... pull your battery cables off and clean the connections and if possible do the improved battery terminal set up in the members area. Same thing happened to me yesterday and now that I did the improvement it starts faster than it has since I bought it. I would start there with the simple stuff.
Shad G

HowieE
10-04-2003, 05:34
While you have the batteries disconnected check the post on the starter itself. If you have any milage on your truck this terminal has a tendency to thermally open over time. If the cable is lose at the starter when you grab it or you can get some movement with a wrench that was your problem

StephenA
10-06-2003, 08:35
bad starter solenoid?